fish finder, depth and temp.

fish finder, depth and temp.

Hello everyone been reading all summer. Very very green up here on Lake O. I would like to try and finish the season strong. Looking for help with a good fish finder that has depth and temp and anything else I may need without breaking the bank. I see temp is a BIG part of fishing here. Totally new to this type of fishing. And Lake O. It is beautiful on Lake O.

Thanks in advance!!

I am new also but I believe when you are reading about temp it is temp at the ball (down temp) for that you will need a fish hawk or similar.

As far as a fish finder I love my hummingbird helix 7 works great and thought for the money it had all the bells and whistles.

Another thing I have been reading here and talking with guys about is temps are pretty much out the window for the remainder of the season with the fish staging. I'd fish the marks you find.

All that said I am also new this year on lady O....

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Helix units from Humminbird are imo the best you can get for the price... Couple things you want to ask yourself before you buy one though... do you have a trolling motor? if so what brand? Do you want side/down imaging or is screen size more important? Need GPS? Will you ever want to run multiple units? Any sonar unit will only give surface temp. For down temp/speed/depth you will need a fishawk unit with a probe. Goodluck!