Help Me identify this base

The boat is a Wellcraft Coastal 252. They're is one on each side and is not original to the boat. They aren't vents and it isn't for a  T-top structure. The original owner was a fisherman apparently, as there were old set of  downriggers on the boat when I bought it. I can't remember the name of the riggers....it was some Michigan made off-brand that used Big Jon motors. The bases are situated midship, where either a planer board contraption, or maybe a rod tree would be situated. They certainly aren't original to Wellcraft. I've searched and searched and can't figure it out. 

I agree with J.D., perhaps they are covering a hole. I don't know of any base that's going to be that shape. All downrigger deck mounts are just flat plates. Unscrew one and see what's underneath. Maybe there is a brand name marking on the back side.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

If those holes are threaded then based on the location you describe, I just think they're home made bases for a rod holder tree. Previous owner probably kept the trees for his next boat and left the bases on your boat rather than taking them off and having to fill the screw mounting holes.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United