Cayuga Lake 9/3 - Largest Landlock Salmon ever

Headed out of Myers point for about one hour of fishing before sunset and it was well worth it. Fished from Portland Point to just north of Salmon Creek. On my second pass right in front of the creek I caught this monster Landlocked Salmon on a wire Dipsy using a spin doctor and fly. Again, Iron Duke's trolling fly - "UV wild child" did the damage again. This salmon was weighed and measured at Bear's this morning about 9:30. Fish weighed 14 lbs. 9 oz., 34 1/2 inches long and the largest girth measurement was 16 inches around. I have all the measurements to do a fiberglass mount. Does anyone have a recommendation? Seem to be having a problem up loading the photo. Is there a size limit? Have uploaded from my Go Pro camera before with no issues. Not sure what's going on.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Thanks Jim, yes it was quite a 25 minute battle.  I did the same thing with the big Laker I caught about 3 weeks ago.  I assumed it was another big Laker this time as well, so I put the rod back down in the holder to clear other rods.  For about five minutes while I was clearing other rods this fish was just pulling drag and the rod was setting in the holder.  Imagine the look on my face when I saw this fish coming to the surface and it was a Salmon.  I just about shXX my pants.  After missing the fish twice with the net I did get him the third time and by now it was getting pretty dark with no lights on.  It will be something I will never forget.

Wayne    

suttontroller94, yes it looks like my fish.  Why do you ask?  I took the fish down to Bear's Bait shop this morning to have the weight certified.  I got all of the measurements that I needed to do a fiberglass mount and left the cooler and fish with Steve for his efforts.  I only eat fired haddock therefore Steve ended up with some nice salmon fillets. 

Was just curious is all wondering if maybe someone else coincidently got another nice one aswell. I've gotta get back out there

OK understand, I think SK8man is correct. When I blow up the picture a little closer it looks like the spots on the guilt plate are a little different. Either way I know there's been a lot of big Silvers in the lake this year. Maybe that's a photo of the 12 pound salmon that was caught during the salvation army tournament.

Anglers choice fish mounts on Facebook is a great place . Him mounts are pricey. He quoted me 660$ for my 30inch bow. Check him out. He uses real fish caught up north.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Headed out of Myers point for about one hour of fishing before sunset and it was well worth it. Fished from Portland Point to just north of Salmon Creek. On my second pass right in front of the creek I caught this monster Landlocked Salmon on a wire Dipsy using a spin doctor and fly. Again, Iron Duke's trolling fly - "UV wild child" did the damage again. This salmon was weighed and measured at Bear's this morning about 9:30. Fish weighed 14 lbs. 9 oz., 34 1/2 inches long and the largest girth measurement was 16 inches around. I have all the measurements to do a fiberglass mount. Does anyone have a recommendation? Seem to be having a problem up loading the photo. Is there a size limit? Have uploaded from my Go Pro camera before with no issues. Not sure what's going on.

Congratulations!! That is a fish of a lifetime... There definitely is some quality fish in that Lake and a lot of bait which is helping them get even bigger.. Definitely a memory you hold on to for a long time again congrats!! Way to go!!Awesome job!!

Mike

Sent from my SM-N910V using Lake Ontario United mobile app