Gotta love Rochester fishing 9/3

IMG_7230.JPG

Set up early in 50ft with glow spoons, picked up 4 fish in the first 30 min. 24lb king, small king, brown and a laker. Then it died off so we move in to 20ft for browns started in front of shipbuilders and picked up 4 browns with ine being 10lb 7 oz (18th loc, which we released after we weighed it in). We then proceeded east to hedges and back to shipbuilders picking up 4 more. Once we hit shipbuilders again we tagged 3 more browns and a fat 9lb steelhead. Great to catch all species so close to port.

Thanks to Anthony/Pikehunter who won the first place brown for showing me some summer brown Tricks.

Lures:

Stinger spoons off the riggers/dipseys

Natural stick baits off the boards.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

What a great day to finish off with a grand slam! 

I have mentioned to the organizers at LOC derby that your brown trout was released successfully after weighting in. They were so perplexed as to how this was accomplished. I explained that the fish was kept alive in your fish box and it was transported on a pick up truck with a cooler full of water. This is just like watching the Disney movie, Free Willy when the Wily the Orca was released from the captivity into the ocean and the whale swam away in joy. I nearly cried when I saw the brown trout swimming away happily.

You and your dad make an awesome team. You re lucky to have such a cool dad.

Thanks again for the good fishing on your boat.