My big LOC Brown Trout

So it has happened on August 30th, when we landed this beast on the boat. Larry Hammond and I were fishing in the afternoon in 20 to 30 fow between I Bay and Hedges.  The cold water was inside due to the constant south east winds over the past few days. With the cold water inside, browns are found everywhere!  My set up was quite basic with two riggers and a 10 color lead core down in the chute and two slide divers on both sides of the boat. I ran all spoons on my set up.   When we brought this fish on board, we thought it was 14# until it was weighted in at South Bay Boat and Tackle shop. My eyes fell off when I saw the scale leaning toward 17#.  Larry told me I needed a new scale and I have already ordered a new one on the way. Thank you Larry Hammond for working so hard on the water with me and landing this beast!

I was hoping to finish in the top five if not three. I cant imagine the level of suspense for the leading grand prize winner of LOC derby. I am quite sure he has checked the leaderboard every often or  so. This feeling of daily suspense would just kill me easily. Whenever my friends checked the leader board, I asked them not to remind me or confirm with me about my placement because I just like to wait until the very end before I find out about the winners for the LOC derby.

During the fishing season, I have missed the Spring derby and some of the summer derby because I was down in Florida to take care of my mother.  We know our fishing days are not infinite. Each time I come back home from my mom's, I feel very fortunate to be able to fish out on the lake.  During this fishing season, my yamaha outboard motor for 14 years had finally died. I wanted to thank the folks at Arney's Marina for the quick turn around with a new motor. It took them two days to get my boat up and running again.

Safe fishing to everyone for the best month of the year - September.

IMG_3425.JPG

Edited by Pike Hunter

Congrats buddy!!! You deserve it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Folks - Anthony is one of the nicest guys you will ever meet, with incredible generosity to others including me and a great passion for our fishery. He is very humble but he catches consistent fish both in quality and quantity without fancy electronics and without a down speed and temp indicator. He does it with great intuition and years upon years of experience.

WTG buddy - tight lines and many cheers,

Chris

On 9/5/2017 at 1:43 PM, pap said:

Holy moly that is a tank!! That guy would be getting stuffed and on the wall of my man cave!! Congrats to your catch!! :yes:

Now you got me thinking about it last night and I ve sent it to the Streeters for the mount job.  Thanks Pap for kicking some senses in my head.

2 minutes ago, Pike Hunter said:

Now you got me thinking about it last night and I ve sent it to the Streeters for the mount job.  Thanks Pap for kicking some senses in my head.

No Problem!! don't matter how you drive, it's how you arrive!!