Canandaigua Seager Marine Fall Perch Tournament

Fbog12

Seager Marine Fall Perch Tournament

It's that time of year already!!  The Seager Marine Fall Perch Tournament will be held on Saturday, October 14th, 2017.  Same program:  Team tournament, $40/team, 5 perch for total weight, hours 7:00AM to 3:00PM.  Of course, we'll have the same weigh-in goodies.   We'll have registration forms and rules up on our website soon (also attached to this post), or just stop in the marina and say hello and sign up.  Hope to see all the familiar faces and some new ones as well.

Perch Flyer Fall 2017.pdf

Perch Registration Fall 2017.pdf

Perch Rules Fall 2017.pdf

Edited by Fbog12

Great News!  We have set it up so you can enter the Perch Tournament online at our website (www,seagermarine.com).  Just look at the top of the screen under 'tournament entry forms' and then choose the option to 'enter online' and use a credit card.  You'll be all set and ready to fish!  Just be at the marina by 3:30 for weigh-in/prizes and goodies!

• 2 weeks later...

To keep them alive for a long period? I use a cooler but often fine them going belly up after an hour or so... ones caught deep their air bladders explore out there mouth and pretty much died instantly. Weather is getting colder so they stay alive longer. Still debating! [emoji2]

Sent from my XT1609 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

It should be a little cooler by the time of the contest.  I would carry two coolers on board. One for the fish you intend to weigh in. Replace the water periodically and the perch will live. I have done this in a lot warmer conditions with success.  I would not thermo shock the fish bye changing water temps a lot. Just change the water.

Caught two this morning... floating on there sides minutes later... they were the biggest I caught all day... now say I wanna chase schools for couple more hours looking for a bigger fish... the ones I just caught would be dead by weigh in. I guess it's part of strategy.... just wanted to put it out there tho... I still might fish it. Depends on weather and my partner

Sent from my XT1609 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Mike  I suspect that the water temps will go down considerablty over the next two weeks and this is directly related to disolved oxygen levels inthe water and also affects fish metabolism. They are more fragile in this exceptionally warm water right now (with reduced oxiygen) and I suspect that Pequod's method may be all that is necessary by the 15th as that water should be sufficiently cooled down. If not, the aerator combined with just putting a couple cubes in the water gradually every so often should keep the water suitable in a decent sized cooler without a ton of other fish in it using up the oxygen. Just keep the other fish to be kept in a bucket or something.

Edited by Sk8man

If things don't change dramatically in the next two weeks, it is going to be a tough contest.  Fished Canandaigua today. Water temp at the ramp was 59 deg but the further south you went in the lake, the warmer it got. Lake was a consistent 68 deg in some of my favorite areas.  The perch are there, just not the big ones. The perch averaged less than 9" with an occasional 9 1/2 - 10". 

Thanksfor the report JIm. At least the temps are coming down now. You at least found some. last timeoutthe water was 73.5 and we caught two and that was all we saw so things may be starting up soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Remember to sign up for the Seager marine perch tournament!  You can do it online at seagermarine.com if you can't make it down to the marina.  Weather looks like it's going to be great for a day on the lake!  We've been pulling lots of boats out of the water so it should be nice and quiet out there!  Hope to see many of you on Saturday.

1 hour ago, Fbog12 said:

Remember to sign up for the Seager marine perch tournament!  You can do it online at seagermarine.com if you can't make it down to the marina.  Weather looks like it's going to be great for a day on the lake!  We've been pulling lots of boats out of the water so it should be nice and quiet out there!  Hope to see many of you on Saturday.

Fbog12. What is the model and size of your center console in your avatar? Did you buy it new locally? Thanks.

Edited by MikeyP

Hi MikeyP.  That's my new Robalo R200.  I got it from Krenzer's (Sodus Point) this spring.  It's a great boat.  I just need more time to get out on it!  I can send more pics if you'd like to PM me.

20 minutes ago, Fbog12 said:

Hi MikeyP.  That's my new Robalo R200.  I got it from Krenzer's (Sodus Point) this spring.  It's a great boat.  I just need more time to get out on it!  I can send more pics if you'd like to PM me.

Nice:yes: That's something I would like to check out to use as a 2nd boat in the spring :)

Edited by MikeyP