Canandaigua Seager Marine Fall Perch Tournament

Fbog12

It was my first time fishing this derby. Was shocked only 15 teams. Conditions were tough . Big winds early, then switching all day . 65 degree water temp not a big help . Fish we caught were in 25 fow to 19 fow. But we sucked! 3.89 for 5 fish. I think about 6 or 7 place. I think weigh in place could be at a better spot. But will fish again next year!!!!! My first time perch fishing this lake.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

I'm not sure what the expectations were mentioned above but we had a great time at the Perch Tournament and Ted and Art and the Seager folks went out of their way to make it a fair and very enjoyable tournament for us with pizza, wings, drinks and other thoughtful items. The tournament is not intended to be an ESLO Derby etc. it  is a great get together for folks to enjoy themselves and chat about their fishing exploits and share stories. In my opinion the Seager people knocked themselves out making things as enjoyable as possible and I applaude them and thank them for it.Well run tourney:yes:

Edited by Sk8man

I guess I didn't word my last post right , let me start again. We launch at woodville. Never having been at the north end before I found it a little confusing to find the weigh in spot. Once there I parked in someone rented slip, weight in fish and felt I had to leave . I should have checked out parking my truck and boat before hand. And should have checked out state launch before hand also. I will know better next time. It was just long day and posted to late. But what a great chance to fish a new body of water!!! I will be fishing Canandaigua a lot more for perch.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

• 2 weeks later...

walk on water - Now you know the ins and outs.  There are plenty of spaces at the marina at this time of year, so stopping in by boat for weigh-in isn't a problem.  Pretty much the same in the spring.  Some teams like to get their boats out of the water and some like to fish right up to the finish time.  Glad you discovered a new fishing hole!  Look forward to seeing you in the spring.