Wave report for Hurricane Irma

ripnlip

Wave report for Hurricane Irma

I was curious so I went to NOAA's site to check the "offshore" & "open sea" wave report in & around the Hurricane. We can't get out on the Great Lakes when there are 2-4' to 3-5' waves. How would you like to be looking at 27' waves on the offshore & 54' waves in the open sea?

That is just mind boggling!

Be safe everyone! Live to fish another day!

Like driving the hills of Elk Co. as long as there just rolling. Lol. Jk. That's a pucker factor of 9 to the tenth power.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Quite a few people have been killed thus far in the Carribean including a 16 year old pro surfer so this storm is no joke. People are fleeing Florida in droves heading north. I hope this thing turns out to sea.

Edited by Sk8man

More people died in the evacuation than the last hurricane in Houston. Roads are gridlocked and gasoline is unavailable in Florida now. This could be another government screwup counting on evacuations as the answer. I75 was moving at 8 mph today at noon in Alabama and things really have not started. The drive from Fort Meyers took 13 hours today for a friend trying to get out.

A category 2 typhoon in WWII capsized 3 US Navy destroyers. That was with 100mph winds, so Irma is nearly twice as powerful.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Typhoon_Cobra

It is remarkable that typhoon Cobra sank 3 ships in the 3rd fleet in 1944. Many more ships were badly damaged. These storms are hard to comprehend.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

The ships lost in the storm were top loaded with extra anti aircraft weapons during wartime and their stability was compromised. Halsey was blamed the blame should have been on the officers who added the weapons on deck. I