Finally made it out this morning. Launched at the Genny 5:30. S-SE wind maybe 1ft’rs. Somewhat cloudy towards the NE horizon. Otherwise just a few High clouds.

8-23-08A.jpg

Did a little searching & found a lot of bait 45 -60 FOW, so played a hunch.

8-23-08B.jpg

Only took 1 pic of bait but it was all over water column & a lot of it. Pods every couple of minutes. Closer to surface as you went shallower.

Water temp 72F on surface, 44-45F down 35 over 50 FOW. Kind of interesting as same depth over 75FOW was 61-63F. Looked like a wall of warm water pinned the bait in close. Birds had the same idea. Must have been 100-150 of them or so in that 45-50 FOW range. More birds than in a McDonald's parking lot.

8-23-08E.jpg

Anyways, 2 small kings, maybe 5-6 Lbs on doctored 28 Mongoose in that 45 deg water half way to Russell. Rigg’rs, 50 ft back.

8-23-08D.jpg

Ran into a lot of water & air pollution around 9:00. You’d think they’d post the race time/course somewhere where fishermen could see it. Oh well, they own the lake :roll:

8-23-08G.jpg

So headed East & the big guy was back.

8-23-08F.jpg

Beautiful morning on the water. Cooked by 11:00 so pulled out.

Luck to all,

Tom B.

(LongLine)

FP - It's always great to be on the water. Catching fish is a bonus. There's just something scary/discusting about looking shoreward and seeing this coming at you, especially after the committee boat dropped the marker about 150 yds off my starboard stern.

8-23-08h.jpg

There were about 3 more than I was ready to take on.... :lol:;)

Tom B.

(LongLine)

There were about 3 more than I was ready to take on.... :lol:;)

Tom B.

(LongLine)

Give me shout if you need any extra lines (or reloads ) - I have a little ;) experience with unfair oddds and being the 'odd man out.'

But, seriuosly, any time you have an open seat or want 2 extra lines, I am dying to hook up with a salmon this year. My boat will not be Ontario-ready this year, maybe next year.