Canandaigua Canandaigua 9/10 with some great kids

chuck527

Canandaigua 9/10 with some great kids

Got a little bit of a late start due to the road being closed for a race. Started fishing just before 8. Water was much clearer as compared to last weekend. Only had two rods out and we lost the first one. Pretty steady fishing right to the end at noon with a total of 4 bows and 12 lakers. The 2 biggest bows we got right at the end and are not in the pics. The biggest one took a gambler rig on a turn off the rigger 75ft over 150. Ten color produced well as did the wires and rigs. Very nice day with the wind gradually picking up. Bait was stacked up North and the fish were on them. Fleas were non existent today.

IMG_20170910_111440803.jpg

IMG_20170910_111432675.jpg

received_10208323458519082.jpeg

received_10208323316435530.jpeg

Edited by chuck527
Added pictures

Good going Pau:yes:l. We were out yesterday right about where you start out and caught 4 lakers biggest about 6 and 2 bows biggest about 4-5. Fished 9:30 -2:30. Biggest laker hit a 10 color, biggest bow a 9 color. Smaller fish on wire spinney silver fly out 150 set on 2. Fish up higher than expected and in shallower.

Edited by Sk8man

Thanks guys. Les, I never really went south at all today. Had such a good bite in the bait we just kept turning back through. What a difference in water quality from last week. 3 out of the 4 bows today came on laker rigs down 70. I have actually caught a large number of lakers this year with recent hook injuries. Caught one today that had a fresh wound on the opposite side of its mouth from the single hook. 

I forgot to mention we lost a few... couple nice ones and one a bow that jumped a couple times sowe got a look and I think a decent laker. I think we were fishing in the bait you probably were:lol: Paul the best part was none of thsoe dying fleas either:)

Edited by Sk8man