Olcott 9/10.

Fished from 50 FOW to 150 in the morning. Late start, about 8 am. Fish and bait allover on my screen, but they would not bite. Fished about 2 hours inside. We went just west of the creek mouth since there were many boats circling the mouth. In fact, they actually get in your way as you try to exit the harbor/creek mouth, and get the 600 feet off the shore so you can apply power. Anyways, we went just wets maybe 1/4 to 1/2 mile. Tried everything: J plugs, FF with paddle, Spoons, Brad's killer bait behind paddle with some twinkies inline. Nothing. So we went offshore to 400 FOW.  Caught on 24 inch steelhead, that's all. Quit at 1 PM. Saw a couple bait balls out there but nothing impressive on my screens. I would NOT make a long run up to fish, as the fall has never been good fishing for me for salmon and steelhead. But, its only 26 mies for me. Also, wind was NE. I am beginning to think you misewell stay home on an E or NE wind. Lake was not too rough today.  Yesterday, had to come back home without launching, too rough for enjoyable fishing.  I won;t be back on Lake Ontario anymore this season,and will try for walleye and perch on Erie instead for the remainder. One guy at the ramp, did have a few, said he caught them on meat rigs in 80 to 100.Don't know how they long they fished to get them.

I ran from wilson fished for 2 hrs out front... had 1 major on infront of the olcott heads..cliants dropped it...went off shore and killed it...lots of fish today ..from meat rigs to super slims .. pff shore bite was.are ticket to keeping cliants happy ... east winds have been the tbing this year......was in by 12

Sent from my SM-J727V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I went out from 11-4. Start to set up in 50ft and get one dipsy out, showing buddy how to set the rod....says no problem, goes to other side and tangles the pole taking it out and drops new 9' ugly stick with daiwa line counter over the side....wtf? I just told him to drive and ill set them out. He asks if i think the waves will push the rod onto the beach? Seriously? Then had a wire dipsy fire and crossed my braid diver...cut instantly.....but slid down and got caught on wire dipsy....lost the fish but got the gear back.....then somehow my other steel dipsy snapped off at the swivel....lost a #5 diver with dreamweaver paddle and meat rig. Ended 0-1with the only shot being that white pro troll flasher with green meat rig 80ft. Marked a few....had a few streakers.....just an expensive day with no fish. Im going to have to pull strings and jump thru hoops to get back out there. Lots of pa and oh boats. Good to see them bringing there money here and there love for our lake. Alot of people complain about them but they spend at the bait shops and are cleaner than locals. Hope somebody is catching fish out there....and if anybody catches my rod just keep it and laugh every time you use it.

I ran from wilson fished for 2 hrs out front... had 1 major on infront of the olcott heads..cliants dropped it...went off shore and killed it...lots of fish today ..from meat rigs to super slims .. pff shore bite was.are ticket to keeping cliants happy ... east winds have been the tbing this year......was in by 12

Thanks for the feedback. That gives me some hope in case I do get to lake Ontario again this fall, I will know to just head offshore. I thought we would have done better out there, but I'm sure I still have a tricks to learn. I ran a flasher fly down 60 to 80. I ran a warbler spoon 6 feet off the ball which had two Yakima spinner flashes Daisy chained to it. I ran diver rods with spoons on them also, back 150 and 200.

Sent from my XT1030 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Bussy day..sorry for late response.... was out in 350 f.o.w. faster speed ...all the heavy hiter steel head spoons did work evan got some nice salmon on meat and a few big steelheads on the random meat...i did not put any gear deeper then 65 feet...ran cheaters and 3 riggers...2 divers and 1 shoot 200 copper

On 9/13/2017 at 6:59 AM, lt119 said:

Pic not the greatest but we went 13-21 offshore yesterday 300-400_ 50,60,70 riggers 150-175 divers and 300 coppers ff...and spoons worked

Sent from my SM-G928V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

You guys had an awesome trip!! Those are nice silver fish, good eating!!!

Edited by Decoy Hound

I ran up from Geneva Ohio Sunday afternoon on a quick decision to go.. Setting # 2 when #1 rigger went off. 60fow in front of Olcott. Hooked up 7, boated 5, released two, one decent coho, two bigs, one #31lbs my personal biggest! I ran 2.5mph over ground, crushed ice both sides spin Doctors, atomic j&jstud fly. This was all in one hour and 45 minutes.
Then I go out yesterday morning (Monday) on a flat bathtub lake Ontario.. I had three drive by (swing and missed) teeth marks on the spin doctor! I had one mature boated by 10am or so.. I used the Noaah surface temp website to find the coldest water and it was in front of Wilson out by the boarder, do I ran out to the 31N / 55W running the same gear except I put a white twister tail on the back of the fly! Lol it worked. That one caught all three in less than an hour.. I will try to get some pics to upload.. Solo fishing is a hand full on these things! What a blast!

Sent from my Pixel using Lake Ontario United mobile app

On September 11, 2017 at 8:04 AM, skinny420 said:

. Lots of pa and oh boats. Good to see them bringing there money here and there love for our lake. Alot of people complain about them but they spend at the bait shops and are cleaner than locals. 

Skinny420 thanks you for the kind words!! I know a lot of out of state boats have left a sour taste in the locals mouth. I feel for the most of us we try to leave your state a little cleaner then when we got there. I know for one incident on my boat a guy tore that clear peice off the top of his cigarette pack and it flew overboard, luckily I took my meds. that morning and we just were in the process of lowering a rigger, I pulled it to the surface reeled in rod circled around and said somebody grab that net and scoop up that trash you threw overboard!! They did, and they knew I was pi$$ed. No more of that shyt, how'd you like if I spit my chew on the floor of your truck!! There's boats all around us don't you think one of those NY boats saw your dumbness!!! It was quiet for awhile till Brad said sorry PAP. Then our day was good and so was the fishing!! Again thanks for your kind words!!  PAP

5 minutes ago, twinmotors said:

Good for you pap! Stupid people should be rewarded In just that manner.. I pick up trash when I see it on the water even when its not mine. You ever crank up a bouquet of deflated Balloons? It's not fun..

Sent from my Pixel using Lake Ontario United mobile app

:yes::yes: