Owasco 9-10-17

Launched out of the South Shore Marina bright and early... The plan was to run north first thing but due to an extremely thick and heavy fog we ended up idling pretty much up the lake until about three-quarters the way up before we set up shop running 3 lead cores, 3 coppers, 2 riggers, 1 dipsy and 2 rig rods.. Fishing was beyond slow for us at first. My go to spot which has been extremely kind to me through the years was dead and showed no signs of life on the lowrance so we went into search mode before locating some good pods of bait and fish on the west side.. We worked these fish doing circles for what seemed like hours and only put 2 small lake trout in the boat. Decided to go a bit further south on our next circle and had a 3 color takes of ripping pulling a Bellis Tackle Spoon, after a few good runs we get the fish close to the back of the boat and almost in net range and the port side Scotty fires and we are doubled up!! We get one big beautiful bow to the boat and a decent brown.. We then decided to move out to a little deeper water and focus on Lake trout and worked we did continously changing up spoons and flasher fly combos until I sent a yellow jeans flasher with a new Yellow UV fly I've been trying out to some of those big suspended deep arches and finally got a few to fire.. Ended up putting a decent 5 fish box together including a nice bonus walleye and headed to weigh in hoping for a top 5.. We got to weigh in and realized we weren't the only ones having a slow day and ended pulling off the win and retaining our points lead.. Two tournaments left to go this year and it's far from over yet...

Mike

18070-1.jpg

18067-1.jpg

18080.jpeg

20170910_072210-1.jpg

20170804_182726.jpg

18069-1.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Nice fish!
Thank you

Good job Mike and crew tight points race going into the last 2 of the year! Way to add a little breathing room to your lead and catch a 5 fish box on a hard day to catch those silvers
Definitely was a tough bite for sure.. It's not over til it's over

Beautiful, looking fish, the walleye looks to be nice and healthy!! Congrats to keep on top of the board!! 
The Walleye was definitely healthy around 7 lbs

and you want to fish the cayuga derby, man  i wont have a chance you guys are on fire, nice job  you selling that yellow uv fly yet ? I really enjoy fishing those Cayuga tournaments but most seem to always fall on the FLTA tournament weekends tho. Will probably release that fly in the next 2 weeks

Great looking bow Mike
Thanks Alex... Bow fishery is strong in that one lol

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Thanks Joe... None til next year on the tournaments on Cayuga as far as I know.. We were possibly talking about trying to work together with other tournaments so there are no schedule conflicts for Barney and Bears tournaments on Cayuga next year so that it would help them get a few more entries and possibly trying to figure out another weigh station in the northern part of the lake to help guys that launch out of Dean's

Mike

We had a tough morning, connected with two small ish Lakers early dropped em back in the lake, big mistake, ended up catching only one more 3lb Laker and then dropped three other fish one was definitely a nice bow. Not our day but I still love that lake! Tried everything.. they were just in a neutral to negative bite.. great job grinding it out Mike!!

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Lake Ontario United mobile app

We had a tough morning, connected with two small ish Lakers early dropped em back in the lake, big mistake, ended up catching only one more 3lb Laker and then dropped three other fish one was definitely a nice bow. Not our day but I still love that lake! Tried everything.. they were just in a neutral to negative bite.. great job grinding it out Mike!!

Thanks John. And yes you had to have the presentation to those deep fish perfect or they wouldn't bite.. Fishing the currents and trolling direction are key on days like that.. A while ago I would have said not having a probe was not a big deal but probably is the most important weapon on our boat and I feel extremely blind when it's not in the water..

Mike

Was just curious someone mentioned a derby above was wondering . Time for side competition to kick in

So what you are saying is you want to have a gentleman's wager fishing tournament this fall on Cayuga ?? Hmmmm.. Maybe like the old Lou All??

I'd love to see a mid-late fall derby on Cayuga.  The B&B was great fun last weekend, but it'd be great to see another one happen in October or early November, while the weather is still great. 

I'm in count me in let's do a Sunday just like the club and have some fun

(X2)

October 15 th or the 22nd ??? The only problem I see is some may not want to due to bow season but I would be defiantly down for one of those weekends and give up a day of bow season for that.. Maybe we should start a new thread and see how much interest we have, we will call it the October Lou All

Mike

2 minutes ago, Iron Duke said:

October 15 th or the 22nd ??? The only problem I see is some may not want to due to bow season but I would be defiantly down for one of those weekends and give up a day of bow season for that.. Maybe we should start a new thread and see how much interest we have, we will call it the October Lou All

Mike

Either date works great on my end.