Lake Ontario never fails to amaze me!

Lake Ontario never fails to amaze me!

We made another trip to Olcott to fish Sunday. We found the fish right out front in 80 to 150 feet of water. We didn't worry about the water temperature and just fished the marks. They were all over the water column so we ran our spread to cover different depths. Spoons, flasher/flies, j plugs all pulled fish. It's sad to know this season is coming to an end. It has been a fantastic one! 

IMG_2248.JPG

IMG_2253.JPG

IMG_2265.JPG

IMG_2269.JPG

IMG_2270.JPG

IMG_2271.JPG

Bob, you are killing me. I fished the same water Sunday. Could not get a bite. Tried all different speeds, all different lures/ combos. Got there about 8 am. Out late  Sat night watching my friend who is the drummer for Sean Patrick McGraw.  Maybe I should pay YOU to take a charter on! Finally gave up on inside water and went to 400 FOW, caught one steellhead. Back to the drawing board for me I guess. I was blaming it on staging, and non-feeding fish. That obviously is not the case. ...... 

We did have to work for them, for as many fish that are stacked in there few are biting. We just kept working the marks until we found the fish that would bite. You'll get them figured out Garry, don't give up yet. Still lots of fish in the lake.

We did have to work for them, for as many fish that are stacked in there few are biting. We just kept working the marks until we found the fish that would bite. You'll get them figured out Garry, don't give up yet. Still lots of fish in the lake.

I'll never give up. Got the fever now. (And a whole lot of gear)! I've caught enough of them to make me want to keep learning and hopefully catching more. Really look forward to your reports, and I appreciate your advice. My best day was a day this summer we got our two man limit. Also this summer we got a few 18 to 20 pounders. Can't wait to get that 25 to 30 pounder. Garry.

Sent from my XT1030 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

3 hours ago, Gill-T said:

You have the type of rig to chase the large class of two year old kings right up until the launches freeze. 

Thank you, I'd love to keep after them until it freezes but we fish for walleye in the Fall Brawl. It's a walleye tournament/derby in the Cleveland area that starts in October and ends in December. Although the salmon are more fun to catch!

1 hour ago, Decoy Hound said:

Thank you, I'd love to keep after them until it freezes but we fish for walleye in the Fall Brawl. It's a walleye tournament/derby in the Cleveland area that starts in October and ends in December. Although the salmon are more fun to catch!

Wow! You guys fish Erie that late?  Brave souls.