Fishing platform

lily

Looking in to the possibilities of a new to me boat. Curantly I have a 21 foot thompson classic cuddy cabin. Boat is at best a spartan platform not a lot of bells and wissles. My wife has gotten more interested in the being on the water and we are talking about getting a bigger boat. We are looking at 25 to 27 ft I guess you would call them pocket cruisers. We have 5 kids aging from 10 to 18 and when everyone wants to go the little thompson gets pretty tight. We have been looking a various different brands but are looking for something like the sea ray sundancer or the weekender. My question is has anyone seen or set up one of these boats for trolling. Trying to make her time on the water more enjoyable while still doing the fishing thing. Any thoughts or feed back is greatly appreciated thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I don't own one but I have fished from one,sea ray amberjack ,not a total all out trolling boat but very comfortable to fish from and may have some other amenities that your wife may like. Depending on your price range you could go with a 27 or even a 29 footer.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Hey thanks I'm not stuck on the brand but more that style of boat thanks again. I like the lines of the early 90s weekenders they seem to have more square sterns making mounting of fishing equipment easier. Regal Ambassadors seem to have similar shape also. Thanks again

I have the weekender fisherman style, I've noticed and have experienced the tops of the gunnels are only 2-1/2" wide not wide enough to mount any type of rod holders being it a single or a tree type. So take that into consideration when looking into the boat of your needs or wants, dads boat mine, has a head on board, so my daughters won't go on some boats... "My uncles" LOL I must add that mine is a older model so I'm sure there are other things that will be a factor in a new boat!! Best of luck please post pics. Of your new boat!! Thanks PAP!!

I have a 1991 Sea Ray 280 Weekender. It was already set up for trolling when I bought it. The downriggers are mounted on pedestal mounts, probably since the gunwals are somewhat narrow. It is a nice trolling platform20170715_083530.jpg. Hopefully this gives you some ideas.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I'm looking at a bayliner 2452, it's a hardtop with a kitchen, bathroom, and room to sleep 4 adults. The fishing deck is not huge. But I can run 4 riggers and still have room for dipsy,s off the sides and plainer.
My wife likes the idea of a potty that's not a bucket. And it's big enough for the big ponds.
Hoping to pick it up Friday.

That's the same kind of idea I'm thinking of. The camper in the front and the fishing boat in the back. Wife really hates the bucket toilet I have now. Also boat now is a work boat sit on a cooler not exactly comfortable if you are just out for a cruise.. I just looking for a comfortable dual purpose boat.

Hey Fly boat how is your boat handle in rougher water is controlled an issue with the boat being long and narrow

My Weekender is 10'-6" wide. It handles rough water quite well. But, since the deck is more than a foot above water level, you definitely rock around when trolling perpendicular to the waves.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Actually we looked at it last Saturday and my wife pulled the trigger after we looked it the interior. I love her so much. [emoji4][emoji4]