Other online stores?

I usually buy local or the smaller shops.That is where one will get the FREE advice on fishing tips.If the small shops go down under because of the on-line shopping. Where will you go when you need something today and not wait for the item you saved a few dollars on?

7 minutes ago, Fishy said:

I usually buy local or the smaller shops.That is where one will get the FREE advice on fishing tips.If the small shops go down under because of the on-line shopping. Where will you go when you need something today and not wait for the item you saved a few dollars on?

Very well said, that's exactly how I feel!

2 hours ago, Fishy said:

I do agree with that statement however what if it's the other way around? Last steelhead season I was running low on pencil lead and none of the stores had it or knew when it was coming in. I ordered it and had it in 2 days. At the end of the season the local stores still didn't have it. I always buy local when I can but doesn't always work out.

The bulk of my fishing expenses goes toward bass fishing. That being said, I can only think of one local store that "usually" has what I'm looking for, but is pretty out of my way. Only the big box stores seem to have extensive bass fishing gear selection, like Field and Stream, but even they run out of normal items and take forever to restock. 

I really like buying certain fishing things off Ebay. Many of those sellers are normal tackle shops who are just smart enough to take advantage of the online market. There's also trusted sellers on there to buy other items from like trolling motors or fish finders, brand new. Typically you will save paying sales tax on Ebay if it's a purchase made from an out of state retailer. When you buy a trolling motor thats nearly 2k, saving the tax is pretty okay with me.

Monster Tackle, Angler's Avenue, Lake Michigan Angler, and Frank's Great Outdoors  have all treated me well with online purchases. Good customer service from all of them.

X2. All of the above are top notch. I would also add Northwoods Outlet. Fairly close in distance to Franks Great Outdoors. Northwoods has been improving their online store, but if you are ever in Michigan it’s worth a stop. Like others, I also shop EBay as a matter of convenience and availability - and I pay attention to know who the sellers are - many are small tackle shops.  

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app