Olcott 9/14

After a 5 year hiatus I found my way back to Olcott ( been fishing Erie )  Fished solo 12 to dark. Had a hit and a miss before I could even get my 3rd rod in the water got to love it when that happens. Got all 3 rods in shortly after I got a descent King 20 lb.ish  1st King in 5 years and I am on the board. Next fish was a nice mid teens Bow great variety! Wound up with 3 nice Bows and 4 mature Kings dropped my 5th. 2 of the 5 I would say were in the low 30lbs.Was a great trip. Had my hands full scooping the Kings solo especially with the dipsey rod.65 to 72fow seemed to be the ticket for me.Fished ff on all 3 rods.Riggers down 55 to 65' Dipsey0914171547.thumb.jpg.08dc583dc3989b9cfdaf50b46a2bff30.jpg0914171912.thumb.jpg.02e61c6b789175181a8cce3421857118.jpg0914171803a.thumb.jpg.55297dd31a53be2990d88280d571d103.jpg 185 to 200' back on #3 setting.Sure felt good to have fish that scream drag.I love catching Walleye and eating them but they sure don't fight like that.

The Hen was dropping eggs when we picked her up- To the Ohio charter boat who tried his best to push me out of his way when there wasn't another boat around me/ How'd it feel to see my dipsey go tearing out when you were 30 yards from me[emoji16][emoji16]now bring me some cold weather so I can make Bobs adirondack chowder

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

8 hours ago, battlehammer said:

The Hen was dropping eggs when we picked her up- To the Ohio charter boat who tried his best to push me out of his way when there wasn't another boat around me/ How'd it feel to see my dipsey go tearing out when you were 30 yards from meemoji16.pngemoji16.pngnow bring me some cold weather so I can make Bobs adirondack chowder

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Sounds like you showed him the battlehammer up close and personal.Way to go.

Got to love it.I got some pretty good looks the other day when I all but doubled up single handed in front of another boat and put them both on the deck.Almost wish I could have watched it .I know it had to look pretty entertaining. I was really scrambling.