Cayuga Cayuga Lou All October 15th

Another way of looking at things is that Lady Luck may level the playing field a bit given these natural "challenges". Lets not overlook the importance of getting together and doing something we all love and being able to BS about it afterward:lol:

I wish all of you the very best, wish I could be there to meet you finger lakes guys!! My father in law became extremely ill. I will be glued to the site and I hope you guys can do some instant posts to keep us not so lucky informed!!! I wish for everyone's safety and to all tight lines!! PAP

I wish all of you the very best, wish I could be there to meet you finger lakes guys!! My father in law became extremely ill. I will be glued to the site and I hope you guys can do some instant posts to keep us not so lucky informed!!! I wish for everyone's safety and to all tight lines!! PAP

We wish you could be there too pap.. Hope your father-in-law gets feeling better soon.. If there are no live reports we will try our best to get the results up and a few pictures shortly after weigh-in

Mike

Sent from my SM-N910V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Okay guys we are getting close as of right now we have 24 boats I do however expect it grow by Saturday a little bit.. The weather is not looking as bad as it had earlier looked .. I checked out a few different weather apps and weather sites and it looks like they are calling for south-southwest winds at 9 to 11 mile per hour and a 40% chance of rain showers still a few days out yet so we all know that could change so let's keep an eye on but if it's anywhere as close to what they're calling for, that to me sounds like a perfect overcast day and and just the perfect amount of fish chop to get those fish chomping , should be an awesome day of fishing.. I just talked to Corey from the South Seneca Sportsman's Club and he let me know that there will be pulled pork sandwiches and salt potatoes available for purchase at weigh-in or after weigh-in.. That was very nice of them to do so let's buy a couple sandwiches. Also I am going to do a 50/50 raffle the tickets will be available for purchase $2 a piece or 3 for $5 before weigh-in I will have somebody going around selling them half the money will go to the winner and half the money will go to the South Seneca Sportsman's Club for their generosity at letting us use their venue for our weigh in.. I'm also putting together a couple smaller door prizes that will also be raffled off with those 50-50 tickets so after the 50/50 drawing we will do two more drawings at least of smaller prizes to be given away.. Don't forget Gambler Rigs is giving a very generous prize to the biggest lake trout weighed in for the day I got the box in the mail the other day from Brian and I'm sure the winner will not be disappointed lol..

Mike

Excited for Sunday!  I appreciate all the effort going into it and thrilled to fish it with everyone.  If the rain forecast stays somewhat on the drier side, my dad and nephew are gonna drive up from just outside nyc to fish it with me.  Always looking for more fishing time with the family, so should be great.  My 12 yr old nephew is super excited.  Look fwd to meeting everybody.

1 hour ago, Iron Duke said:

We wish you could be there too pap.. Hope your father-in-law gets feeling better soon.. If there are no live reports we will try our best to get the results up and a few pictures shortly after weigh-in

Mike

I thank you for the kind words and thanks for reply on the outcome of the contest. I'm sure Brian's box will be a blessing in disguise for finger lake fisherman or who ever fishes for silver fish, I'm excited to see the prizes also. Go get'em guys!!!

Great of you to offer. I should be fine. I can use my 300' and a drop weight. I was just hoping it would have been here by now. I ordered it almost a week ago. It might still make it in time.  My crew will not be sad if it does not show:lol: Mike I will donate some of Ben's flies. I have at least 10 to offer. It would be nice if we have enough donations for all the boats to get something. Any other donations to add?  Wes

Wish I could make it up[emoji53]. 4.5 hours one way for me. I'd really like to put some faces to names. A lot of true sportsman on this site. I wish you all tight lines and good times.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

looked on weather underground for the finger lakes this morning starts at 11 mph at 6:00 am by noon 18 mph s - sw. rain at weigh in :rain: . just the norm for a derby ... have  to set up the drift bags while on the kicker. i'll be out there giving it  my best .. be good for a :beer: and a :handshake: anyways .....

Edited by fisherdude