HUGHES / OAK ORCHARD

HUGHES / OAK ORCHARD

Bridget and I are trying to make a decision on where to go Sunday.

If we were equal distant between either ports, we would definitely go to the Oak where we camped over Labor Day Weekend.

Oak however is a 2 hour drive, Hughes is 25 minutes.

Any reports appreciated.

Thanks.

HUGHES / OAK ORCHARD Bridget and I are trying to make a decision on where to go Sunday.

If we were equal distant between either ports, we would definitely go to the Oak where we camped over Labor Day Weekend.

Oak however is a 2 hour drive, Hughes is 25 minutes.

Any reports appreciated.

Thanks.

Oak has a good bite right now in 60 to 80 for matures.

Sent from my XT1585 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Decided to take the trip to the Oak.

Got to the launch about 6:30. Headed out on the west side and started to set up in 25 FOW. Many Salmon jumping so set the first line down the chute with a glow green J. Started to set up the first rigger and the chute rod started screaming.Nice start with a mature king. Set back up again in 45 FOW and headed east. Most boats actually looked to be in 80 to 100. Fair marks in 45 FOW; 25 to bottom but no hits after we got all the rods in so turned out and swung back around out front. Had a hit on flasher and squid 45 down, but no one home. Made another pass and got a screamer on the same rod, but lost it.

Fished to 80 to 100 back and forth a few times. Lots of bait and some hooks. Never moved a rod or so a fish caught.

Got back to the launch at 10 to get back to watch football. Great weather but appeared to be the typiical first light action and then nothing doing. Would liked to have had an earlier start.

Might have been the last LO trip for the season.

You guys did real good.

It is kind of exciting going out of the Oak this time of year with the fish jumping and a good screen. Similar to Salmon River, but not as crazy.  But many times you see other boats with fish on or have  a lot more action for at least an hour . It was nice to get the first fish right off the bat, but to tell the truth is was boring after that. Maybe a little to flat and sunny?

But to be out there on the lake with those conditions this time of year, it was great - catching  fish or not.We left at 4:15, but should have left sooner. Back in the 80's we fished an hour plus befor light with glow green and boxed several fish before the sun came up.

Not sorry we took the drive. Should have been camping a Lakeside this weekened.

I'd love to be able to fish the OAK and start about 6 AM or earlie for the next couple of weeks. Pulling glow green J Plugs I'm sure would catch a lot of Kings.

We did 9 bites and landed 5....... at the oak.....great day other than the dumb pa guy at the black north launch taking up 3 spots in the parking lot with his camper......

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Since we are on that why the flip do cars have to park in the trailer spots I feel like blocking them in and leaving my truck and trailer for a week. This am you had that camper jerk and a car. There was 10 open car spots and he takes a trailer spot. Also one last ****. If ita dark and your at any launch once you back in turn you head lights off!!! I hate backing up with nothing but glowing headlights in my mirrors

Sent from my XT1585 using Lake Ontario United mobile app