LakeO EYES

Xxx

LakeO EYES

imagejpeg_0_6.thumb.jpg.8718cf62aa59a201cd2c12dc338afbbf.jpgWell my season is going to be cut short this year due to a family illness. Family comes first, but this is my favorite time of the year. The eyes strap the feedbag on!!!  My buddy Gene sent me this pic. from his outing today, Good grief this is going to be a long winter!!!

Edited by pap

Just now, BigMac said:

No eyes in Lake Ontario. Nothin to see here, move along

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You need to work hard at it!! It's nothing like Erie not saying that Erie is a cakewalk either. The turf you need to cover is insane. Stick to the silver fish or you'll say "there ain't no F'n walleye in this lake. LOL

I have fished the bay of Quinn, so I know there are eyes there but you never hear of people fishing for them in the main lake on the south shore.

Sent from my iPad using Lake Ontario United

38 minutes ago, HOOKEM & COOKEM said:

I had a front row seat watching Gene reach for the net :) We went 4-7 today but that sunken treasure boat has a magnet on the bottom that just attracts walleyes:rofl: nothing over 8lbs today but nice fish.

:yes::yes:

Yea he's king when it comes to eyes, niceties guy you'll meet also. Gene reminds me of Justin from lakeOtisco, he is relentless. The first time I ever met gene I knew we were going to get along!! He's a kid in a man's body!!!!, there was never a minute that he wasn't working those poles. Myself and Mike "ReelDeil"and his family was our crew. Mike and his brother also have their own charter Capt license and Gene's chauffeur is the best. So this leaves Gene back with us, so this wasn't our first rodeo either. He has a way of dialing in those eyes. Our day sucked for weather, but without the crew of us it could have been a total loss. He even admitted it. So till next year I'll be fishing the waters of Pa.  PAP.

9 minutes ago, guffins fisherman said:

Don't even bother wasting the fuel chasing those darned things.  There aren't enough walleye in the east end to bother with.  Go to Erie, go to Oneida.  Better fishing there.

So your a member of fight club too???  lol  I'm a walleye fisherman I do very well on my local lakes and Erie, also done very well on the Bay of Quinn.   don't worry as long as Erie doesn't run out of eyes ill stay off your lake for eyes, Maybe.    lol 

13 minutes ago, devoknevo said:

The south shore doesn't have any walleye either!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Damn that's sweet!! Why do I walleye fish?? I've caught the limit of many trout species& kings, not those LL though and have caught many limits of walleyes, but since the lake has changed to a crystal clear lake I can manage a 1 man ticket but haven't been able to get a 2-3 man ticket. That's my goal to get a limit of eyes for the guys that I fish with. Only getting up there 4 at the most 5 times a year doesn't help either.

Just now, EYE SPY said:

Can we get a moderator to make this thread disappear lol. All these reports of walleyes on the east end is fake news!

Sent from my E6810 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Maybe you should spend some time counting the huge females getting pulled through ice LOL now that's something to bytch about. 

We have booked a trip with Gene for the weekend of October 7. Really looking forward to meeting him and enjoying a day chasing eyes. Due to some boat issues cutting my season short I am looking forward to a hands off trip and some cold beer. Hope the weather co-operates!!!

Pap, you said it Gene is the man for eyes up there for sure! He's like a walleye whisper or something:rofl: and he is a lot like Justin too, both Awesome guys super knowledgeable too!!  Gene also has Sam who is always right on top of things as well! We were picking away at the fish so I texted Gene, he came over and I watched them boat 5 eyes in one pass.:o I'm just a weekend warrior but it makes me appreciate guys like Gene and Justin and how good they really are.   

• Like 1

Maybe you should spend some time counting the huge females getting pulled through ice LOL now that's something to bytch about. 

Yea I'm pretty sure the 2 dozen or so eyes I take from the big O every year aren't going to break her. About half go back in any way. I like my eaters 17 to 23 inches. Anything bigger or smaller goes back after a quick picture. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

4 hours ago, Fishnut said:

Yea I'm pretty sure the 2 dozen or so eyes I take from the big O every year aren't going to break her. About half go back in any way. I like my eaters 17 to 23 inches. Anything bigger or smaller goes back after a quick picture. Lol.

Fishnut I wouldn't have "never" directed that in your direction!! All you've done for me this year I'd have to be ludicrous!!! Anyway I'm a man of my word and next year, you'll be onboard the 1 Worm!! Chasing those NO--SEE'ums, LOL

Edited by pap

4 hours ago, HOOKEM & COOKEM said:

Pap, you said it Gene is the man for eyes up there for sure! He's like a walleye whisper or something:rofl: and he is a lot like Justin too, both Awesome guys super knowledgeable too!!  Gene also has Sam who is always right on top of things as well! We were picking away at the fish so I texted Gene, he came over and I watched them boat 5 eyes in one pass.:o I'm just a weekend warrior but it makes me appreciate guys like Gene and Justin and how good they really are.   

You sure got that  right!! I wish I lived closer to good eye fishing. Sucks to have to drive 4 1/2hrs to catch a decent eye. There are lakes closer but till those knot heads with those pwc get done stirring up the whole damn lake it's only a month or 2 till ice over. Nice chat hook&cook!!

Fishnut I wouldn't have "never" directed that in your direction!! All you've done for me this year I'd have to be ludicrous!!! Anyway I'm a man of my word and next year, you'll be onboard the 1 Worm!! Chasing those NO--SEE'ums, LOL

Hell I didn't take that way. I was just poking fun.
Super secret walleyes. Smiling ear to ear. ( nothing to see here ) lol.