Cayuga First time on Cayuga this friday

First time on Cayuga this friday

Going to try Cayuga for the first time ever on friday. Coming from the East about 2 and half hour drive. Can anyone tell me a good boat launch to launch from on the east side? I see long point has one but how is the fishing around there? Looking to catch Lakers and hopefully salmon. Trolling with only 3 dipsys.  Thanks I will share our results.

Long Point or Myers would be fine... Start in 80 to 100 fow you should find plenty of lake trout.. if you don't find anything in close slowly move out and look around... I would run two Flasher fly dipsy's down deep and one spoon Dipsy in the 50 Foot range with a bright colored spoon on it.. Good luck

Mike

Sent from my SM-N910V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Long Point State park also has a very good launch and there are lake trout in abundance in that area without going too far. Fishing toward bottom in about 90ft would be a good place to start or when you start seeing them "on screen". They can also bein the upper layers of the water way out of temperature near bait too. They seem to be pretty active right now while the silvers can be more "elusive" . Definitely wise to experiment a lot with different setups for the  the silvers and play with the distances to the lure as well. Small sized stick baits from riggers or even run behind flashers or dodgers can work too even from 7-10 color leadcores or 200-300 coppers.  Be prepared to be dealing with lakers grabbing the setups for silvers:lol: They can be hard to keep away from your stuff:)

Edited by Sk8man

I'm new to Cayuga, I'm interested in the contest. We're would be a good place to launch on the side of the lake were the weigh in is? I did long point once but that's on the other side. Sorry wrong spot

Edited by thork9

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎9‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 9:52 AM, Hunter315 said:

Going to try Cayuga for the first time ever on friday. Coming from the East about 2 and half hour drive. Can anyone tell me a good boat launch to launch from on the east side? I see long point has one but how is the fishing around there? Looking to catch Lakers and hopefully salmon. Trolling with only 3 dipsys.  Thanks I will share our results.

On ‎9‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 9:52 AM, Hunter315 said: