Millens Bay/Carleton Island

Millens Bay/Carleton Island 

Can any one offer some knowledge of this area for fall bass and perch. Going up for Columbus Day week and would like to get into something. This will be my 3rd fall trip to that area and it really hasn't been anything to brag about. I would prefer to still fish, rather than troll. Running a 17' Smoker. Only limited by really lousy weather. Any help/info is appreciated!

Edited by Shakemsam

Head east down the river drift the outside of dodge bay(1st bay east of Millens), I do very well with a pink jig and white mister twister tipped with a worm for smallmouth, after dinner try stick baits inside the bay 2nd spot is right in front of Linda island and fish to the northern side nice drop off all around that side. If you head to Carlton try between South Bay and the first bouy there is a nice bowl there that holds a ton of fish....i wouldn't recommend the featherbeds if your not familiar with them and another good drift for perch is 15-20 from peos bay down to in front of the old pump house on the east side of of millens . Good luck and have fun

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

There is a lot of good fishing from the cape to alex bay.... 25-45fow. Heads of islands, shoals, humps, and ledges all with access to deep water. I prefer to troll stick baits and use a bottom bottom bouncing technique. A lot of good eye fishing left. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Thanks for all your help, Iceman. I'm actually staying at a place in Peos Bay. I haven't had any luck between Peos and Millens and a little in South Bay at Carleton. Just bad timing, maybe. I will give Dodge Bay and Linda Island a shot. Thanks again!

Good fishing!

Edited by Shakemsam