Canandaigua 9/16

Hit the water at 6:15. Set up in 90 fow on east side. Lots of marks but we were setting in very low light and ran into all the weeds the lake could throw at us. Cleaning lines became cumbersome and we trolled out in to middle between Thendara and Tichenor. We then stayed west toward Menteth lots of switching and finally popped a nice laker down 135' on the old Italian 11" flasher and a glow squid. Managed two other bites but smaller laker and rainbow that never popped 10 color and the laker took the gambler rig on a rigger. I dropped the boys off at the dock at 11:30 and then ran to Seneca Point to meet family and friends. I stopped in 90 fow in front of their cottage and jigged with

1 oz white jig and white minnow. Let it hit bottom and just reeled up as I was instructed by chuck527. I kept repeating the motion motor back out to 90 fow and repeat. So then I am reeling and wham just like he said but I did not expect it. Almost like ice fishing for lake trout back in UP. I finally get a nice 7-8 lbs laker over the rail. I released her for another day. Repeated the process and got bit again. This one was a real fighter and kept running and I would battle her back and then finally came off. I picked up the kids and we tubed and aquaplaned (a water ski/ knee board precursor). Then they jigged and Liam could not get bit but Q did get one and we kept it. This one took the black jig and chartreuse minnow. Nice 4 lbs male. Good times on a beautiful weekend. The jigged fish were nice size. I have tried it unsuccessfully before but I did it Saturday and a kid named Q did it too so you have got to try it. I have all the trolling gear but watching that kid reel a jig pole and get bit like that was cool. IMG_6212.JPGIMG_6222.JPGIMG_6221.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Nice going Mike and sounds as though you and the kids  had fun out there as well and that is what it is all about:yes:. Paul is a real good one to get the jigging tips from as he has this lake dialed in real well. Those weeds were driving us nuts the other day too....They were all over the place...

I like jigging I have to pick calm days so I move less. No electric trolling motor to keep vertical. The water was perfect for it plus I was on fish. Yeah the express train hitting is fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United