Boat Insurance

Boatino

Boat Insurance

I've been with BoatUS for the past 15 years.  This year my policy went up by 25%.  I've never had a claim.  I contacted them and basically was told there has been an increase in claims in my area therefore there is an across the board increase.  Anyone have another insurance company they're happy with?  Just looking for a competing quote.

Thanks,

John

I have mine through Progressive, not that I'm really pleased with them as a company as far as their nonsense politics go...but the price and coverage is pretty decent and even my insurance guy who's a family friend and saved me money everywhere else has told me to keep my boat insurance where it is due to the good cost/coverage.

X2 on Progressive after switching from Travelers for over 30 years and never catching a break without any claims.

Edited by Sk8man

Had progressive the last 7 years and the 1 time I totaled a trailer in an accident up in canada they were great.  They gave me 2/3 replacement value for a 2005 shorlandr trailer after I bought a brand new 2017 trailer last september before they ever seen the damage.  That being said I switched everything to Geico just last month.  I'm getting way more coverage and I now have towing for both trailering and while on the water in both the US and Canada for about the same price I was paying through progressive.

Hagerty classic boat insurance.Same company as the classic car insurance.Good to deal with very competitive rates. I have an agreed value of 12, 000.00 , liability of 350, 000 fuel spill 854, 000 uninsured boater 300, 00 per accident  and other stuff like personal effects, medical payments, etc. 

The premium is $298.00 per year.that is based off  the boat being kept and used on lake Ontario Olcott NY, and surrounding great lakes area.

Edited by big easy

I should say that I haven't had to file a claim yet so can't tell what it will be like if I do.From several friends who use them for their classic hot rods however they have had very good results and I found them very nice to work with.I didn't need to have a survey they only asked me to supply photos showing the condition of the boat

I would like a much higher agreed value as I couldnt come close to replacing the boat for 12, 000 dollars.but I had to keep my costs down.

I was primarily concerned about things like liability, from accidents, medical, etc.

I wish I had insurance several years ago when we got down to the slip only to find one of my down riggers broken in half from a collision by another boat.

Guys said they heard the noise from the crash, but no one got the registration numbers.That cost me over 800 dollars to replace it.

Edited by big easy

On 9/19/2017 at 9:30 AM, Boatino said:

Boat Insurance

I've been with BoatUS for the past 15 years.  This year my policy went up by 25%.  I've never had a claim.  I contacted them and basically was told there has been an increase in claims in my area therefore there is an across the board increase.  Anyone have another insurance company they're happy with?  Just looking for a competing quote.

Thanks,

John

Have ours through Boat US too and we didn't have a rate increase and I keep our boat in Oswego.