Lock travel from Ontario to Erie.

Fishnut

Yed ,it's a solid 8 hours once you get in the first lock. You may wait anywhere from 1 to 12 hours to get paired up with a freighter that you will go through the whole system with. Once you start there  is no stopping along the way. They normally don't send pleasure boats through by themselves, probably to expensive and time consuming on there end. Somewhat  exciting the first time and a royal pain anytime you have to do it again. 

Edited by Bozeman Bob

My buddy bought a boat on Ontario and wants to bring it to Erie in the spring. He didn't get a trailer. And it has an 11 foot beam. I'm trying to talk him into leaving it on Ontario as he already has a boat on Erie.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Well it is his boat. He has 4 options, ,,,,,,leave it in Ontario,,,,,,,buy/rent/borrow a trailer,,,,,,,pay some local hauler/ try some marinas that have trailers before they get super busy hauling boats out, ,,,,,, or take the one time trip and have passport/ enhanced licence with you. Not sure if you can legally do it without at some point touching Canadian land .Maybe Google that to see what comes up.