2 minutes ago, stoneam2006 said:

How far out to the sides of like to run mine a little further out. I'm assuming there is a right and left?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I believe you just flip it over and it will send them out the other way. I couldn't tell you how far, I've never used them, just know what they are for.

Edited by FishingFool34

Looking for a set of wingers. Does anyone make them anymore or do people just bend rudder on the down rigger balls.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

They are a lot like magnum dipsy divers on a 2-1/2 setting. The problem is now you have to calculate how deep you really are.

Lmao, Stone ,every time someone mentions something new you got to have it, like a kid in a candy store! Go for it I guess. lol
Well I think I bought 2 right hand weights so one goes toward center of boat drives me nuts. Thought if these would kick them out a little bit would solve my ocd with them lol...plus with all this being so new to me there is so much I haven't seen or tried I'm willing to try just about anything once lol. And the wife has been getting much better with my new addiction as the space and her new found fresh fish taste makes it easier to get away with it.[emoji1] now if only I could win the in the ground

They are a lot like magnum dipsy divers on a 2-1/2 setting. The problem is now you have to calculate how deep you really are.

That seems way further than I'd like. I would like my riggers to go out say 4 foot off the back each way. I think alot of my issue is I originally bought 2 of the same side weights.

We run four riggers without ever tangling the cables.  The outer two have the wingers on them.  The wingers go below your clip and above the ball.  They pull the rigs out to the sides very effectively.  You do have to take that into consideration when calculating down depth, but worth it.  If you want to run 3 or more riggers, I would say they would be a necessity to prevent tangles and to put together a better pattern.  

Thanks good info. I'm just starting trolling but can already see I need to spread things out a bit. I'm using 14 lbs balls and get a lot of blow back. I'm also looking at picking up some shark weights. Would I still be able to run them with sharks. I'm thinking with the sharks a narrower body would give less resistance and less blowback. Am I correct in my thinking.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United