Humminbird -- really bad experice with them

dgio67

Humminbird -- really bad experice with them

Just called Hummingbird for the 197c DI unit for the front of the boat when i am using the trolling motor.  The other day on Erie is just stopped.   So i tried to call in and waited for an hour as i was the next in line and never got to talk to anyone.  Figured i would try on line.  They asked how i had it set up and informed them power was good and it worked for my Helix 5 on the dash.  They informed me it would be 100 dollars to service the unit.  It only cost 80 new.  They said nothing they can do and have a good day.  Man, i used to really like this company.  Guess i am going with Lowrance now.  Just a warning about the company.  Rant over.  

I think your first issue was buying an $80 unit. You are probably only 1 out of every 100 with a customer service issue. I hope you don't think lowrance is better because 99 out of 100 think otherwise. Lol

Lake Ontario salmon fishing charters

5 minutes ago, Silver Fox said:

I think your first issue was buying an $80 unit. You are probably only 1 out of every 100 with a customer service issue. I hope you don't think lowrance is better because 99 out of 100 think otherwise. Lol

Lake Ontario salmon fishing charters

X2.    Im betting you spend more on gas getting to the lake and in the boat?

almost every Co. has high end and low end products, you get what you pay for.

It is a separate run to the fuse box.  I asked about the unit on here and was told to upgrade.  Live and learn the hard way.  I was just hoping they would have replaced unit for discount is all.  I had a crappy 30 dollar one i replaced with this one.  i can move the helix up front when i am up there.  Same power and cables.  I remember the good old cays where you could bring your graph in at the derby to get them serviced and ugly stick would send you a new rod no questions asked if it broke. Wow i sound like an old man.