Okuma Blue Diamond Rods

Just bought some rigger and dipsey rods and I can say I was pleasantly suprised. The rigger rods have a lot of play in them and you can really get them doubled over on a downrigger, yet they have the backbone to handle big fish. The dipsey(Not the wire made ones with the roller guide) are awesome. Reminds me of the old St. Croix rods I used to use for wire. The 10ft m/h action is sweet. I heated and removed the tip and put on a twilly....all set......Ive always been a Diawa man...Heartlands and 47LC's , but these rods are impressing me more and more......

I've been using the dipsey rod for about 3 yrs now....... great action in a wire rod. Only complaint is the inserts on the guides pop out now and then.... a little super glue...all set. Just bought the rigger rod for this year and very impressed also

Ive been running the 10ft 6in roller rods . Matched up with the tekota 600lc reels. 2yrs now.

They have probably paid for themselves just in not loseing so much tackle. Its a great rod and reel combo. The longer rods absorb the vicious strikes,they also get a nice throb to them when the speed is right. A mag spoon will show vibration in the rod. I have nothing but good things to say about the roller rods.

Absolutely Skeiner...... I'll have a new bunch for next year. Going to order 8 new ones for next year and retire my Great Lakes systems..... They were awesome rods and I'd hate to bust one of them since they don't make them anymore. I busted one of my St. Croix dipsey rods. I called them up with the model # and the guys said they hadn't made that rod in 14 years.....he was right, thats how long I had my St. Croix's.

I like my blue diamond rods(have a pair of DR and roller dipsies) but one of the dipsy rod blanks has come loose and turns around the grip which makes bringing in a decent fish an interesting situation. To finish the season I have wrapped electrical tape around the reel seat and up around the grip. Has anybody else had this problem? The rod was new this spring.

I have had the spinning blank problem on a couple of other brand rods. What I did to solve this is to push the reel seat down as far as I could. Applied gorila glue to the blank. Let the seat return to its original possition and spun it a dozen times or so oround the blank to work the glue in. Added a reel and set the alignment to the guids. Let sit for a day and they have not moved sence. That was three years ago.

Good luck

Richard

After talking to a friend of mine that reps for Okuma, and then

the regional sales guy, I made a complete change over to Okuma

from Daiwa over the last 2 seasons. Love the rods...I have the 8'6"

rigger rods, and dipsey rods. The only complaint I have is on one

of the convectors the "clicker" occasional jumps out of click when

letting line out....looks ok to me, so I'll have to work on that when

the season is over. Otherwise great.

I do have 4 7' one piece okumas for sale...new condition, used

1 season...I'll deal.....

John