Great day out of Mexico ... fished solo today out front of salmon river 70-90' hardly any boats out there..first hit of the day was a double (nice cuz one got off) landed his buddy tho..good thing there wasn't a lotta people watching me solo netting a 25 pounder..comical! I need an autopilot next year...Hooked up one more shortly thereafter to end out a nice day on the lake! Guess it's almost time to get the boat shrinkwrapped..IMG_0010.JPGIMG_0011.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Still got some time left to catch them in the lake... these warm temps have really slowed the fishing in the river from what I've heard. Means more fish still in the lake for us! Ill be out there Saturday for sure.

Edited by FishingFool34

My 26' Penn Yan is hydraulic steering and it works great! Here are the details:

Comes with following: 

1 - Sportpilot X5-R Factory refurbished wheel drive unit with 1 brass steering wheel mount, 1 woodruff key, 1 tapered key, and 1 steering wheel nut.
1 - SPX5 Course Computer
1 - Flux Gate Compass
1 - ST 6002 Control Head

1 - Rudder Reference Sensor
1 - Set of instruction and installation manuals. 

You will need to provide your own mounting screws.

This drive unit has been discontinued and is impossible to find alone or as a complete system!  Do not hesitate if you've been wanting an autopilot on that smaller, cable or hydraulic steered boat. This complete system is hard to find. $1800 plus freight or pickup in Rome, NY. I have to complete the uninstall so it may be a week or two before I ship.

Edited by drlfc