2018 LOTSA Salmon School

There are often factors in these situations that the general public isn’t aware of. For instance the facility contracts have to be made in advance, and commitments have to be secured from sponsors to the school for all the freebies attendees receive. When you’re a non profit organization you plan these types of commitments conservatively to assure success. If anyone was left out, that was really their choice as they could have reserved a seat a long time ago when ticket sales opened. It’s no secret the school sells out every year, and the volunteers at LOTSA who’ve put this school together in the past have nearly double the size of the school in recent years. I think they’re doing a fine job and they deserve more than a pat on the back for all their unpaid volunteer time.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

• Like 2

sold out.  

Well I guess Im one of those who had the choice of being self employed and cant just plan that far ahead in the winter,   if it snows I work ....

I just tried to plan ahead and there are no seats left.... if anyone has one or two they wont use... Ill take them...

Rick

If this has sold out for the past 4 yrs that I have tried to go, how about a second day with another class??

sold out.  

If this has sold out for the past 4 yrs that I have tried to go, how about a second day with another class??

There are free classes all weekend by top quality presenters... Sunday’s lineup of presenters is probably the best it’s ever been. Check the schedule...

To the people who were turned away......stay tuned! We are planning on increasing this class to 170 students. This years class was the fastest to sell out, and soon it will be the largest Salmon School ever held. I'm excited!  Don't get me wrong......I'd like to see it go to 200, but logistics are keeping us to 170. 

If you want in on the last 19 spots stay tuned to the LOTSA webpage and Facebook Page. You can also follow my Facebook page as well (Richard Hajecki). If we aren't already friends send me a request.

Also, in the works is another seminar coming to the area. Captain Dan Keeting is planning on a seminar in Rochester during late February. He is bringing another captain, Captain Arnie Arredondo, and has asked me to participate as well. I will have more details on this in the coming weeks.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Reel Overtime said:

sold out.  

Well I guess Im one of those who had the choice of being self employed and cant just plan that far ahead in the winter,   if it snows I work ....

I just tried to plan ahead and there are no seats left.... if anyone has one or two they wont use... Ill take them...

Rick

This makes no sense. If it snows I can't attend ,"so make it for two days to accommodate me,but if it snows a lot I won't be able to make either day bc I will plowing again"    This school has been ongoing for years around the same date and those didn't sign up in time just procrastinated to long. Now they beef to make more room

Maybe just maybe the room will only hold so many people. Maybe the speakers have other obligations so they can't do 2 days. Maybe they sell out the first day and get 5 for the 2nd,not a good business plan. Leave it the way it is and if people can't put the entry fee aside or plan ahead, to bad. I would rather sell out for one day in the largest room . available then have 2 days of half filled rooms with twice the overhead.

Edited by Bozeman Bob

I’d much rather be there the last 2-3hrs when the vender don’t want to load their stuff up and take it home, this time is the best time to make deals with the venders, it’s like Christmas all over again!!:lol: :yes:

• 5 weeks later...