Sold / Closed Wanted; 25" Extra Long Shaft Kicker

Wanted; 25" Extra Long Shaft Kicker

As the title states, I'm looking for a 25" shaft kicker motor. I used a 20" long shaft motor this year and the prop doesn't sit low enough on the transom. My kicker bracket is built into the swim platform.

I prefer a 2 stroke in the 10-15 HP range because my kicker bracket is rated for a max weight of 100 pounds. I also prefer a tiller steer motor because I don't want to have to hook up steering controls. A charging system for the kicker would be nice but it's not required because I use manual downriggers.

I'm looking now so I can be ready for the 2018 salmon season. Thanks in advance!

Edited by Todd in NY

Todd I have a swim platform bracket, rated for way more lbs and I've used a 20" kicker for years!! Something isn't making sense to me?? Let me in on why you need a 25" as they are usually for Rag Boats???

I found this picture on my phone. The prop is slightly above the trim tabs, almost dead even with it, so my kicker prop is not in "clean" water. The motor runs great, so it's not the motor lacking in power.

IMG_20170922_104858.thumb.jpg.17ddef703977293250332a0aedca14dd.jpg

Edited by Todd in NY

You mean that it cavitats or you feel it should be below the bottom of the boat. OOH is that line on your kicker all the further it's in the water, mine sits in the water up to the lower pivot pin. Your platform sits like 10-12" above the water? Second thought, maybe remove that piece of platform that holds your motor and put a out and down adjustable kicker bracket on. Cheaper than a motor and not to involved that one can install buy yourself!!! I think Garlick is the name, not positive on spelling. PAP. I have-had the excact same motor other than it was a 15hp 20" Evinrude. That platform must have been a after thought, swim platforms shouldn't be that high, how would get on if it were to be used as such. I've never seen a platform more than a few inches above the water.

Edited by pap

I don't beleive it has to be below the bottom of the boat, mine isn't and it works great!!, as long as it doesn't cavitate your good to go, it's not going to improve the speed enough to make a difference. PAP

Oh yea, your right what do I know!!! It's connected to the I/O, maybe the kicker should be even with that in the lowest position?? I wonder if they make 35" kicker:lol:

Edited by pap