More geese

2 hours ago, Kevin J Legg said:

[attachment=58442:IMG_4150.JPG

Another good day shared in the goose field. Glad Prof T could join the fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Anyone see a pic. in this post or is it on my end?? The above post is what's on my end. Thanks I want to make sure either way. I really enjoy looking at hunting photos!! Thanks either way if it's there then I need to fix. I pm'ed Kevin and he says the pic. Is in the post??

2 minutes ago, candojo67 said:

Sounds to me like it's all about the numbers game , what ever happened to being a sportsman . When the numbers are down i'm sure the whining will begin! Most likely migrators were in that bag limit.

Come on man your first post and that's what you have to say? Go buy yourself some tofu crackers to go with your whine, pull your skirt up, this is a fishing-hunting site!! For ever one of those pond ruining birds by $hitting in the water every 5 minutes, there's way to many of them. You will never kill'em all!!! :mooning:

Come on man your first post and that's what you have to say? Go buy yourself some tofu crackers to go with your whine, pull your skirt up, this is a fishing-hunting site!! For ever one of those pond ruining birds by $hitting in the water every 5 minutes, there's way to many of them. You will never kill'em all!!! :mooning:

Agreed. There are so many down our way you have to shoot them or there is **** all over everything. Besides they make pretty good jerky.

Yea Fishnut that seems to be the got to way to eat those things, my brother in law and cousins shoot the $hit out of them around here. They had a farms actually call them, because the turned their ponds are grey water contaminated and killed the fish and some of the ponds over flow into the streams, which the DCNR is on farmers to not let this grey water get into these streams or they will be held accountable for what happens!!!  For every 2 birds you shoot 3 more move in. Your freind Mike.

We eat them all. Make jerky, corned goose, pastrami, can them, goose sticks, breakfast and Italian sausage, grill them, pepperoni, ring Bologna , summer sausage. I even take the leg and thigh meat which many hunters don't take. They want these resident birds shot thus the large limits and no plugs etc. This wasn't even a five man limit! Many home owners and farmers wan't us to hunt them. Also very few if any migratory birds in this area with the warm fall weather.

Sent from my iPad using Lake Ontario United

I can't get it Kevin, but Prof.T's pic. Is fine other than its upside down. That used to happen to me using a iPad. So I take the pics with the iPad with the on /off button on the right instead of the left. So in a sense it's 180* turned or yea it's upside down so most pics come out right side up.

I can't get it Kevin, but Prof.T's pic. Is fine other than its upside down. That used to happen to me using a iPad. So I take the pics with the iPad with the on /off button on the right instead of the left. So in a sense it's 180* turned or yea it's upside down so most pics come out right side up.

Mine is the same. Can't see the original, a few post down it's up side down. I'm using an iPhone 7.

Yes now it's perfect, and like mentioned above congrats to your day!! That's Mucho great plenty pepper sticks!!! :yes::yes: thanks for posting, keep up the good job. One thing I'd like to ask, that must get pretty expensive after awhile-- as steel shot is pretty $$$$ or am I thinking of turkey loads?? Thanks!!!  PAP.

When Gander was going out of business they had a 40% off sale. At the same time Federal had a $7.50 rebait. I ended up picking up 30 boxes of Black Cloud at $6.49 a box! Much of what meat I process I do myself. The big expense is the broken teeth on steel shot. 4 crowns so far!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

5 hours ago, Kevin J Legg said:

When Gander was going out of business they had a 40% off sale. At the same time Federal had a $7.50 rebait. I ended up picking up 30 boxes of Black Cloud at $6.49 a box! Much of what meat I process I do myself. The big expense is the broken teeth on steel shot. 4 crowns so far!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Black cloud flightstopper shot ain't fun to chew on that's for sure! I've been thinking of getting a metal detector wand for checking goose breast before they make it to freezer