Looking at a penn

phil2

I have the 959ci HD GPS combo and it's a great unit. If you already own a 997c, a thru hull ducer won't give you side imaging capabilities (not that you need it AND the 1199). You should be able to find a good deal on a 959 without DI or SI, and it will have a built-in GPS antenna like your 1199. I've never installed or used a thru hull ducer, so I can't help you with that. I'm sure there are plenty of members on LOU that can help you with a thru hull setup.

On a side note, the 959 XD combo comes with a 50/200 ducer for deep water trolling. I run a Lowrance HDS8 with a 50/200 ducer along with my 959 with the 83/200 ducer. I like being able to troll with all three ducer frequencies running at the same time. I run the 959 on an 83/200 split screen and the HDS8 on a 50/GPS split screen.

Edited by Todd in NY

Got the kicker running like at top. Ran like crap at first until I took out the e choke and made sure it was plugged in all the way. Ran great after that. Let it run in gear for a half hr or so. Going to put 50 gallons in it next week and run it. 

• 3 weeks later...

Got her in finally thus weekend and all put back together after the drive out. Went for a small ride sat afternoon ran great kept it at 3000 rpm for a  while temp and oil pressure were perfect! Got to fish sun for a couple hrs. But ready for the summer hopefully!!!

FB_IMG_1526257552298.jpg

FB_IMG_1526254742337.jpg

Not tripping over things is real nice! I have room for my tackle boxes, a 70qt cooler and a 150qt cooler on my 22ft boat and I'm not tripping over anything. Autopilot will have to wait until next year.

• 4 months later...

Well first season under my belt had a great season. Had some gremlins but got fixed. Ran half the season on 7 cilinders that I had no clue about valve stuck and cap was curoded. But other then that having the autopilot stuck in zig zag for a day and a half. The boat fishes Amasing!! I cant wait to next season! 

48706.jpeg

49585.jpeg

50287.jpeg

50278.jpeg

50295.jpeg

51123.jpeg

51117.jpeg

56907.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, phil2 said:

Well first season under my belt had a great season. Had some gremlins but got fixed. Ran half the season on 7 cilinders that I had no clue about valve stuck and cap was curoded. But other then that having the autopilot stuck in zig zag for a day and a half. The boat fishes Amasing!! I cant wait to next season! 

48706.jpeg

49585.jpeg

50287.jpeg

50278.jpeg

50295.jpeg

51123.jpeg

51117.jpeg

56907.jpeg

:yes: