Trolling up river on Genesee

Trolling up river on Genesee

Took the wife and a friend out last week and puttered up the Genesee to Driving Park.   Just wondering if it's worth putting out some plugs or Rapala's if I make another trip when the foliage gets better?

Thanks in advance, 

Jim

• Like 1

Cheese beat me to it!    It is a SUPER easy troll on the way up.  In fact the current helps keep your speed at a nice rate.   (I have an 18 foot Tracker).   

There was boat traffic, but most places are wide enough that you won't have any issues.   Like Cheese said, when you can start to see the mist of the falls

and guys standing in the water casting....time to turn around!

I started with J plugs, but pretty soon switched (don't quite know why...thought maybe still a bit early) to Rapalas.  Set them on the down riggers about 1.5 foot down just to make 

sure they ran around 7' deep.   

I noticed the stink as well, but I think there may also be a sewage plant up near the falls.    Pretty powerful smell last weekend for just a few floaters!

On ‎9‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 10:56 AM, Corey said:

No trebles from the 104 bridge to the falls except on floating lures. From the mouth till then trebles are good to go. 

Lots of guys throwing 3/4 oz. spoons w/ trebles & spinners in that area (bridge south to the falls) and not trying to snag. I bet they do not know that is the rule.  

10 minutes ago, Checkmate said:

Lots of guys throwing 3/4 oz. spoons w/ trebles & spinners in that area (bridge south to the falls) and not trying to snag. I bet they do not know that is the rule.  

Knowing that the ticket is going to get thrown out does not help deter people from breaking the law down there. 

Pulled up a fire tiger spoon down there last year that had the hook changed out to a single.  Of course, it had a 1" gap, so it would have still drawn a ticket.  

Region 8 Law Enforcement indicated at the SOL last year that they intended some heavier enforcement this fall, and that they were in communication with the City and the DA's office about the need for enforcement.  Maybe they don't know that it is on already this year.