Otisco 9/23

Thanks guys. This was my first time ever fishing otisco so was happy to get something.

It was crazy in the beginning, I just got my second downrigger set (2 poles out of 7) and it immediately went off within 4 minutes of having a rod out. It was a walleye and thought I was going to be in for the time of my life but then went a few hours without a bite.

Still fun and good learning experience no matter what!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Your boat looks almost identical to mine with the rod holder compartment. 

I have a Fisher 160SC and want to mount down riggers like you did. So how exactly did you mount and bolt them down?  Any tips/info or pics would be greatly appreciated!!

Edited by cmc5028

Your boat looks almost identical to mine with the rod holder compartment. 

I have a Fisher 160SC and want to mount down riggers like you did. So how exactly did you mount and bolt them down?  Any tips/info or pics would be greatly appreciated!!

Pm sent.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

The weeds have been atrocious for the last couple weeks, but there are ways of trolling through some them effectively.  Half of learning to troll otisco is learning how to deal with the weeds.  If anyone fishing otisco wants some trolling help pm me and make arrangements to see me in person.  I'm easy to catch on the dock as well.

Surface temp last night after dark was nearly 78, and weeds were starting to blow off.  This morning 73 and nearly blown off.  The mats were so bad I broke off yesterday morning when I hung a board in one.