for sale : usa OFF Shore Planer boards.

OFF Shore Planer boards.

Does anyone have a set of Off Shore Planer Boards, the regular size for sale, doesn't need to be A1 condition, flag broke no releases ext. but would prefer the board it's self in good shape. If need be Pm. me or post here. Thanks. PAP.

Yea Sean I'll take them, I want to compare the inlines to the big boards. Most of the successful guy use the inline boards. I want to see what's the different is. Or maybe someone can explain it?? I still want to see for myself. Off Shore has come out with a adjustable tattle tale flag. For pulling lead cores or deep divers or for bigger fish.

I ran big boards years ago....and now only run inlines. When I salmon and/or trout troll I always have 1 or 2 inlines off to the side with leadcore or snap weights to pick up fish higher in the water column. I’m not always successful, but I do it anyway with a single spoon or a fly and flasher combo. When running multiple boards it’s nice to have vertical rod trees to keep your rods separated and forward in your spread. I bought one set of tattle flag offshore boards and one set of non-tattle flag and a buddy made tattle flags using wire and springs from our local hardware store. I also have some church boards. I would recommend, however, you use the factory tattle flags. I also have LED Board lights that are awesome at night. The inlines are a lot easier to set up when fishing solo and adjusting them is easier when you run into boat traffic. Also I feel it’s easier to know that you have a fish on instead of depending on a release from the big boards. Franks Great Outdoors has had the best price for offshore brand board kits for several years. Cabelas sells a knock-off brand, but I prefer to support Offshore Tackle.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Yea, I hear you all, I never ran anything other than big boards, BUT, I've been on boats this year that ran the inlines, and those boards performed (so I think) better as far as catch rate. I'm talking eyes, the guys I went with this year were productive in catching running the same lures, the same speed. NOW! they also ran a temp probe, which I just put on my boat this year. THIS is the part I have a hard time wrapping my brain:lol: ya, anyway I was taught you have to have boards that pull hard and way out so you can run your spread from shallow to deep or vise versa, and all this crap shouldn't lag to far past the transom. HMMM! Now these little boards lag way behind then your 100-150+ behind the boat, So to me I think the little set up is more stealthy, for better words? I think it looks like a cluster Fuk coming on behind!! If it works I really don't care what it looks like. One other thing I noticed with the small boards, you put on a deep diver the dives say 18ft deep with 120feet out, so let out a 120ft line, then clip it to the board, now page out the board another 100ft out, that lure is set at the water level!! You can't do that with a big board!! Yes you can page out 120ft of line but you clip it to a line that's no further than the stern of the boat and 3-4ft out of the water. I'm  just using these number as referance #'s only, but is this why the guys run inlines?? Thanks for any input!!  PAP.

I run offshore inline boards and needed to modify them to pull anything over 5 colors or they wouldn't run right. I can pull 8 colors (haven't tried a full 10 on board) or 300 copper but just barely after modding them. Checkout Bloodrun's website for tips on how to mod them. Offshore makes a larger inline board that I haven't tried but heard good things about.

I started with big boards for walleye and honestly hated them. I ended up selling it all and going with inlines, granted that was before I got the salmon fever and now wish I kept them to pull coppers. But for walleye they are hard to beat (great for spring browns too), add a set of clip on weights and you can pinpoint just about any depth you want for walleye. I would highly recommend the tattle flag kits also, not so much for telling when a fish is on but for telling when something isn't running right (small fish, weeds, fouled lure). Here's the bloodrun link, and a link to the best price if you decide to buy new boards

https://bloodruntackle.com/inline-planer-board-modifications/

https://www.franksgreatoutdoors.com/off-shore-combo-bag.html

I run offshore inline boards and needed to modify them to pull anything over 5 colors or they wouldn't run right. I can pull 8 colors (haven't tried a full 10 on board) or 300 copper but just barely after modding them. Checkout Bloodrun's website for tips on how to mod them. Offshore makes a larger inline board that I haven't tried but heard good things about.

My church walleye boards( not tx44's) pull 8 color fine

Sent from my iPad using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Pap - I have sets of the TX44 (larger inlines from Church) and the smaller Walleye boards as well that I have used for quite a few years now instead of the big boards. The Walleye boards will pull a 10 color leadcore or a 300 copper just fine with spoons or regular sticks but not sure about large aggressive divers. You can to a degree compensate for weight with the walleye boards by loosening two screws on the weight and moving the weight along the bottom of them forward or backward. The Walleye boards pictured above can work fine for salmon, trout or Walleyes. I don't use the tattle flags as most of my fishing with them is for trout and salmon but for the eyes they come in handy as I have used them before. They will let you know light biters and these eyes that just cling to your line without doing much and may look like weeds on the board from looking at the rod tip. They make the flags for both the Offshore and Church boards and it is possible to make your own as they cost nearly as much as a board when bought separately. When running them from braid you'll want to replace the plastic pins in the back with metal ones because the braid can cut through the plastic by see-sawing back and forth.

Edited by Sk8man

Thanks Les, I ordered 3 sets of the offshore boards. I got them from Frank's outdoors, they had the tattle tail flags, the OR19 regular release on the front, OR19 snap weight for the back, I might change the front out to the black snap release, I can't remember off the top of my head. This modification is just moving the weight to the very most front?? Am I correct?? 

Pap I don't actually use any of the front releases I tighten them down to the max (carefully) and sometimes if rough water I wrap the braid a couple times around the release so it doesn't slip and release and then I take the boards off as they come in whether fish on or not. If you bring them in fairly quickly they won't "dive" on you. If they do - point the rod downward right at them and they will surface. The flags on my boards are only for visual aid to keep aholes from running over them:lol:.

walleyeboards.jpg

Edited by Sk8man

Thanks Les, yes that's the way the guys did it that I was with and when I watch the fishing channel and there not F'n salt water fishing, there are a few shows that they are on the Great Lakes, "I Michigan", is one the other are on LakeO, they all do the same. Those on Erie they let the front release work and snag the back down, so when a fish hits the front releases and the board folds back and not fight the board. Also that's the way they came already, same price as just the lesser clips, they were have a sale for $67. a pair, I can't even buy the releases and the flag for the price they want for 1 board. I have one set here and I'm going to wait and see how these work before I buy the stuff for the set I already have. If I need to run them like you said there's no reason to spend the$$ for better releases!!?? Also what is this modified version, is it just moving the weights?? Thanks I looked on Blood Runs sight and the writing is so light I can't see it. Thanks again for all the help guys!!! Greatly appreciated PAP

Thanks Les, yes that's the way the guys did it that I was with and when I watch the fishing channel and there not F'n salt water fishing, there are a few shows that they are on the Great Lakes, "I Michigan", is one the other are on LakeO, they all do the same. Those on Erie they let the front release work and snag the back down, so when a fish hits the front releases and the board folds back and not fight the board. Also that's the way they came already, same price as just the lesser clips, they were have a sale for $67. a pair, I can't even buy the releases and the flag for the price they want for 1 board. I have one set here and I'm going to wait and see how these work before I buy the stuff for the set I already have. If I need to run them like you said there's no reason to spend the$$ for better releases!!?? Also what is this modified version, is it just moving the weights?? Thanks I looked on Blood Runs sight and the writing is so light I can't see it. Thanks again for all the help guys!!! Greatly appreciated PAP

Bass pro or cabelas sells a tattle flag kit for the boards that's half what the Oem flags cost. It comes with heavy and light springs and releases. I put them on a set of walleye boards and they work great

I use the front upgraded black snapper releases after losing 2 boards (they don’t float for very long....or at least I couldn’t find them). You have to look for a good deal on them.....some people want too much $. Franks and Northwoods Outlet has them for $11.99. I paid $9.99 in-store at Northwoods Outlet a few years back.

4 hours ago, LakerTaker said:

I use the front upgraded black snapper releases after losing 2 boards (they don’t float for very long....or at least I couldn’t find them). You have to look for a good deal on them.....some people want too much $. Franks and Northwoods Outlet has them for $11.99. I paid $9.99 in-store at Northwoods Outlet a few years back.

Laker, Are you talking about the original releases or the updated black snapper releases that made you lose you boards??

Steelydan yes I saw the flag with the differant springs, but some are priced at $10.00 others are $24.00, but I wonder what the quality of the $9.99 is that's quite a difference. The boards I ordered from Frank's outdoors has the whole set up for $69.00 a pair where cabelas's wants $125.00 a pair. what is the modification so they pull harder?? 

Edited by pap

Laker, Are you talking about the original releases or the updated black snapper releases that made you lose you boards??
Steelydan yes I saw the flag with the differant springs, but some are priced at $10.00 others are $24.00, but I wonder what the quality of the $9.99 is that's quite a difference. The boards I ordered from Frank's outdoors has the whole set up for $69.00 a pair where cabelas's wants $125.00 a pair. what is the modification so they pull harder?? 

Pm sent

The mods from bloodrun are moving the weight forward, changing clip point on rear from top of board to bottom (newer boards already have this done from factory) and finally angling the front clip bracket up. Use a heat gun and bend the front bracket so the clip points up in the air instead of parallel with the water. 

I run red clips front front and rear on mine never had an issues with them. Have to double wrap them when clipping in braid though.

45 minutes ago, FishingFool34 said:

The mods from bloodrun are moving the weight forward, changing clip point on rear from top of board to bottom (newer boards already have this done from factory) and finally angling the front clip bracket up. Use a heat gun and bend the front bracket so the clip points up in the air instead of parallel with the water. 

I run red clips front front and rear on mine never had an issues with them. Have to double wrap them when clipping in braid though.

Gottcha, thanks AGAIN for all the help!! By the way I love your profile pic.!!!  Oh, yes I run 30# Power pro on all my rods with a fluro leaders. The Laurvick releases work fine with the braid, off the big boards, that's why I use them, plus I met the owner Mr Laurvick passed away and now his daughter runs the show. I bought a bunch of releases that looked good in the pic. But were complete junk when I got them, she gave me everything to repair them back to new!! Plus she gave me her personal phone# should I have any issues. I thought that was very kind of her.

6 hours ago, pap said:

Gottcha, thanks AGAIN for all the help!! By the way I love your profile pic.!!!  Oh, yes I run 30# Power pro on all my rods with a fluro leaders. The Laurvick releases work fine with the braid, off the big boards, that's why I use them, plus I met the owner Mr Laurvick passed away and now his daughter runs the show. I bought a bunch of releases that looked good in the pic. But were complete junk when I got them, she gave me everything to repair them back to new!! Plus she gave me her personal phone# should I have any issues. I thought that was very kind of her.

Yeah that pic is my PB walleye caught right in your neck of the woods this past May... BRB! Good luck!

Edited by FishingFool34