Lucky Enuff Fairhaven Challenge/Mexico Report

I want to thank those who ran the FHC....nice event with 72 teams this year and well run !! Great job guys! Payout was top 5, which we did not make, but they gave out prizes to top 15, and that was great cause our team had two children and it gave them a chance to go up and experience the whole tournament routine and I think they really enjoyed it.

Congrats to Royal Flush, Liquid Plummer, Screamer, Beginners luck for making the money! We had one of our poorer showings as of late with a 14Th place finish, but we had a great time and that's fishing!

Report:

We headed out of the Lil Salmon at dawn and set up in 90 fow. We had no prefishing and I hadn't fished the bay this year at all so we were running kinda blind. We had great bait and it took about an hour till our dipsey fired (320 out...white spinny & white glow strong fly). Within a minute of that the 500 copper took off. Cool....a double to start the morning and things are looking good. Unfortunately, the copper fish was BIG, and after a blistering run of 300 or so ft of backer it tore off the leader ;( . We landed the 16+ king on the wire and got back to fishing.

Within a short time, 450 copper takes off. Re-rigged with the same set up (white/blue spinny & Atomic Hammer fly) and 13 yr old Matt landed a 16+ lb king. The screen went blank for us and we trolled the rest of the morning without another release. Temp was deep....about 80 down.

It was a trip for the kids and here are some pics of them @ the FHC.

aVfyECi.jpg

PqcA3gS.jpg

PqcAuIr.jpg

Rodney,

Glad to see you made it home safe and sound. Thanks again for an awesome experiece. Matt is still fired up and can't wait till next year.

Let me know if, you haven't already, if you got those pictures and I'll send some more. Good luck this weekend and keep me informed.

Jeff

Same here Jeff.....Justin And I had a great time. Matt is a good kid and I really appreciate how kind he was to Justin, seeing they are 4 years apart.

I'd like the pictures of Justin on the rod and Matt tag teaming on the net.... A real youth effort landing that fish! All we "grown ups" had to do was watch :lol::lol: I thought all went really well and Matt definitely impressed me! I look forward to next year :lol::lol: I left the PB report for you ;)

Rick....they had lot's of fun. Obviously, I would have liked a few more. The big one we lost was my fault for not beefing up the copper leaders. I was still running 25 from the summer :roll: That fish would have really helped. That's fishing, eh? I look for this next week to be real smash mouth with lot's of FISH ON !! I'll call ya on Thursday.

Don't know about you Rick, but it's gonna take 5+ to keep me off ....this is a fishin trip, not a sitting around camp drinking trip....Unless the girls I'm fishing with go getting green on me ;) I'm not gonna have a real seasoned crew....it could make for some good fish tails 8)