Did my last trip for the season today with some great customers. Jim who brought his 13 yr old daughter and his 11 yr old son. We started close in 55 to 70 fow to work some browns out in front of Maxwell. It was a little slow for us. Managed to do a few dinks. Austin grabbed a nice one.20170924_090413.jpg

After the kids started losing interest we moved out to try to fish for the staging kings. Found lots of marks and bait but no takers. Kaytlin and Austin were finding more joy in there smart phones than fishing. After talking with a friend who had success off shore yesterday we pulled and made the move to 550 fow and started a south troll.20170924_123407(0).jpg

We banged a small king that kaytlin battled in and got the momentum going again.20170924_113728.jpg

Austin got a nice steelie while kaytlin couldn't wait for her turn.20170924_093516.jpg

Another nice little king for her. Austin dropped a nice 10 ta 12lb king and to our surprise big sis let him have another shot20170924_132648.jpg

And he did it. Now it was sises turn. 500 copper. Lol20170924_142536.jpg

Few more bump offs and the day was over. Found a new captain to take us in.20170924_150653.jpg

I just couldn't get her to dock the boat.[emoji3]

All and all not monster fish but great memories. 20170924_153308.jpg

Couldn't have been a better trip to end the season.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

The size of the fish doesn't matter. It is the smile on the kids faces that makes the day. To be honest I don't even really care to catch the fish, I get total pleasure with taking people out on my boat and putting them on fish and making their day. This summer there were so many people who caught their first king, first coho and first steelhead. I had my nephews up from Virginia this summer and they had a blast whether they were catching kings, lake trout, or filling the boat with perch and bluegills. Actually I have to say that one day the two of them caught about a hundred bluegill and were having a competition and it was so much fun to watch them have fun. I won't be putting my boat away until the 1st of December and plan to have many more trips with no one out on the lake. I love fall fishing and duck hunting the islands.

Way to make the kids summer memories ones to remember.

:yes: Those kids will have those memories for a long time. A lot of times it isn't always real evident at the time it is happening but that stuff can be a real powerful influence later on as well.

Edited by Sk8man

When you went out to 550 ft, what depths were your lures at?   Downrigging or flat lining or dipsies?

We had rigger set at 95 105 and 111. Stealies came on the free sliders above the riggers. Had the magnum divers, 2 setting out 225 and 245 with flasher fly. And the 500 copper with the cannonball meat rig.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Nice report, I enjoyed reading it. It's common I guess when you take young ones fishing, to get nervous when they aren't catching and they are losing interest. It is for me anyways. It's great when you have a good day, the fishing bug is planted.

Sent from my XT1030 using Lake Ontario United mobile app