Seneca 9/23 and 24

Made it out on a couple more trips for the season. Managed to get plenty of bites to keep everyone interested, lacked some quality. I will say the Health of the smaller fish is strong, my concern now is the excessive number of wounds from lamprey and the amount of lamprey were seeing. It's like Cayuga all over again, the lamprey are attaching themselves to the downright balls. I will notify DEC of this.

However, plenty of bows and salmon yo look forward too in upcoming seasons as the class now is a strong population.

Stud for the weekend was all varieties in the gambler rigs. From the spin and glow to the peanuts. Fished behind cowbell and grease traps. Even got a 32in beauty yesterday!! Seasons almost over for us!

On another note, check out this algae bloom. Covered the marina and majority of the lake. Also, 61 degree water down 70 plus foot is insane. Fun fact, greenridge power plant uses 136 million gallons of water a day to cool their plant. That's 136 million gallons a day warm water is out into the lake at an uncontrollable rate, that's 136 million gallons of water sucked up without proper screens in place, killing fish and other aquatic life. Recent article states that greenridge is running off old permit from prior plant. Let's hope it changes soon.

Nick20170923_194317.jpg20170923_192525.jpg20170923_175522.jpg20170923_175531.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Nick a few weeks ago a reputable source told me about the lack of filters at the electric plant and the suspicion that fish are being ground up and spit out as refuse along with the warmed up water. If true sure seems to fit with quite a few of the problems going on with the lake. That recent 35,000 gallon sewage spill down the outlet didn't help either. I hope Mother Nature figures out a solution on her own because we humans seem incapable of managing things properly. The person also said the DEC is aware of the problem.....just wonder if they will intervene or if it may be too late.

Edited by Sk8man