Cayuga tomorrow 9/26/17

lily

Fished 830 to about 330. Caught 1 fish. Didn't Mark that many fish. Fished from north of Myers to AES with out moving a rod Picked up and ran to T falls and fished around t falls back and forth. Marked fish in the 80 to 90 ft range between Boy scout camp and t falls but could not get them to fire. Circled the fish that we marked north south east west nothing. Fish were amongst large bait balls. Continued north troll for a while and finally called it a day. Went for a boat ride up north of the power plant to see how weeds were farther north and they seemed to deminish some. East side definitely had more weeds than the west. Was absolutely brutal hot on the boat today. No wind at all. Called it quits and was off the water around 3 330. Good luck out there hopefully the fishing will improve some in the near future been awful slow for me lately

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Lake Ontario United mobile app

The weeds are a moving target for sure i hit myers north to aes saturday loaded with weeds ran to the west side it was minimal weeds and minimal fish, so sunday ran to long point fished south piles of weeds went to west side down to sheldrake minimal weeds but no fish got pissed gave up pulled lines motored down to power plant it was clear of weeds completely can north and south of plant and boated 6 lakers in middle of day 11-1 happy i got through the weeds and on them..there was wind overnight which had blown the weeds north...with this temp change coming next two days have some wind coming which should clear the surface i hope...will be up again this weekend...

Sent from my iPad using Lake Ontario United

I was mentioning to my wife yesterday that September has seemed like the usual August and the water temps seem like it too.

Edited by Sk8man

read today the DEC starts 10/ 2 /17 gill netting off T falls for spawning lake trout. seems that the fishing at T Falls and salmon creek should get pretty good .. us northern fishing people we have the non spawning lake trout ( dinks ) to catch ..

read today the DEC starts 10/ 2 /17 gill netting off T falls for spawning lake trout. seems that the fishing at T Falls and salmon creek should get pretty good .. us northern fishing people we have the non spawning lake trout ( dinks ) to catch ..
What are they gill netting for? Study the population or something?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk