Sold / Closed Trophy 2160 Hardtop $5,500

Todd in NY

Selling my 1987 Bayliner Trophy. Or, if there's enough interest in original OEM Bayliner parts I will consider parting this boat out next year. I'm talking every last part such as the swim platform with ladder, the rocket launcher, the gauges, the cushions in the cuddy and the pilot house, the horn, wiper motor, wheel, prop, covers for the battery and livewell, etc. If I can remove it I will sell it. Or I can sell the whole boat. 

Parting out the boat will be a last resort, and I'll try to sell the boat complete as long as there is an interested or potential buyer.

It's too heavy for my wife to help launch and load, and my son is living out of the area for college. I've owned the boat for 2 years and have taken no shortcuts in maintaining this boat. Professionally maintained by Spicer Marine Basin in Clayton, NY. I'm listing everything I've done to the boat since June of 2016, and I have all maintenance records since I've owned the boat. I have to move to a lighter aluminum boat that my wife can help launch and load. This boat has been kept on its trailer since 2015. We have fished Lake Ontario and Cranberry Lake in NY. I'm all for a test drive with a serious buyer, but keep in mind that I live at least 45 minutes to an hour from the nearest boat launch and I would appreciate some money for gas. The 65 gallon tank is currently topped off with premium non-ethanol gas and Marine 360 Sta-Bil. The last picture shows the boat without the Tite-Lok rod holders and the downrigger mounts, which is how the boat is being sold. I'm asking $5,500 or best reasonable offer. The NADA is $5,970.

Here are the details;

New in 2016
New blower
New V belts
New 7ft fuel fill hose
New hand made dinette table
Professional electrician cleaned up electrical wiring and installed Humminbird Helix 5 with DI and GPS (included)
New shift lever, shift cable, throttle cable (by Spicer Marine Basin)
New size 29 Interstate marine battery
New seat pedestal and seat base that slides forward/backward and swivels
Cleaned and waxed hull
New gear oil, winterized, shrink wrapped (Spicers)
4 new trailer tires
New bearings, races and seals
New Reese brand bearing buddies
New winch and strap (it has a 2,600 lb rating)
New trailer jack with dual wheels
5 or 6 new trailer lights
New trailer transom straps

New in 2017
New water pump kit (complete) October, by Spicers

New drain fitting in livewell
New hose between livewell and drain pump
New fuel filter (Spicers)
New engine oil and filter (Spicers)
Custom hand-made window and hatch screens
Installed ¾" marine grade plywood floor under sink, sealed with 3 coats polyeurathane
Installed shelf under sink
Added mesh storage pockets on bulkhead door and cuddy cabin door
New 12v 6" oscillating fan on dash board
New EZ Steer bracket on outdrive July 2017
New rubber bow stop pad on trailer
New trailer guide on kit
New spark plugs, new points, new condenser, new rotor (Spicers)
Cleaned and adjusted the carb (Spicers)
Fuel sample was tested September 2017 and showed no contaminants or water (Spicers)

Features and Equipment
Hard top with fully enclosed cabin/wheelhouse (Bulkhead option)
Custom aluminum rocket launcher (holds 5 rods) with equipment rack and planer board reels
Self-bailing rear deck/cockpit
Live well with fill and drain pumps
Shore power
Electric heater on wall under dinette table
All navigation lights work
All interior lights work
White and blue cockpit lights to light up rear deck
Rear flood lights for night fishing
25 watt fixed mount marine VHF radio and antenna
Fire extinguisher in cabin
4 handheld flare

4 life jackets

First aid kit
There is a padded cushion that snaps onto the engine cover, in excellent condition
65 gallon fuel tank, always filled with premium ethanol-free gas (Full now for storage, with marine 360 Sta-Bil)
13 gallon fresh water tank for sink
Sink
Full length swim platform with retractable ladder and bracket for mounting a kicker motor
5.0 liter/305 OMC 230HP engine with OMC outdrive (I/O), no hour meter but the motor was replaced around 2012
Will do 32 MPH loaded with fishing gear
Hydraulic trim tabs
Cuddy cabin sleeps 3 adults (3 separate beds)
Full dinette converts into a 4th bed, storage under dinette seats
Mattress covers and seat cushions are in good shape for their age but do show some wear and tear
Anchor with chain and 100ft line
Spare V belts (2)
Windshield wiper on driver's side, in good working condition
Horn works
3 drawer tackle box in cockpit, mounted on bulkhead
4 rod holders in gunwales
8.5" fenders (2) with lines
Stainless steel fender rack
Front and rear bilge pumps, both work
1987 trailer with surge brakes (tires and bearings have less than 500 miles on them)
Bow pulpit
I have keys for both cabin doors and the 3 drawer tackle box
Dock hook/pole
30ft dock lines (2)
Attwood battery charger
AM/FM cassette radio w/2 speakers
Deck wash down pump

Cash and local pickup only. Not interested in any trades.

BL1.thumb.jpg.96db770b7534e9e4e8dd1612666a549a.jpg

BL2.thumb.jpg.1549b3f6059e2d883ab589a3921d2e16.jpg

BL3.thumb.jpg.502dd9e6599d494a6c827b8ebec19293.jpg

BL4.thumb.jpg.dcdd1748851dbcc45065d9f90ac6d1d7.jpg

BL5.thumb.jpg.052f3336908a1c647837b41f44b8a04e.jpg

Edited by Todd in NY
added info

Great to see that 2160 is still around.  This boat has a great history. My family owned it form around 1989- 2003 and called it the Argonaut.  I I recognize it because my father built the chart rack, custom bow pulpit, extra grab rails or the roof and above the swim ladder, and the shore power, 2 burner We also had a 2 burner alcohol stove,  and 12v dc fridge under the stove.  We had many great adventures with this boat.  We used it mostly as a pocket cruiser to circumnavigate the Georgian bay of Lake Huron     This boat is a standout because most of them came with a  rather under powered  4 cyl. The V8 give it plenty of oomph especially in heavier seas when you need a quick punch to maintain controll  Also the factory bulkhead is a rare find as well.  Both the companionway door and bulkhead door locked so you didn't have to worry about your stuff.  Very dependable, stable hull.  good luck with the sale 

5 minutes ago, twring23 said:

Great to see that 2160 is still around.  This boat has a great history. My family owned it form around 1989- 2003 and called it the Argonaut.  I I recognize it because my father built the chart rack, custom bow pulpit, extra grab rails or the roof and above the swim ladder, and the shore power, 2 burner We also had a 2 burner alcohol stove,  and 12v dc fridge under the stove.  We had many great adventures with this boat.  We used it mostly as a pocket cruiser to circumnavigate the Georgian bay of Lake Huron     This boat is a standout because most of them came with a  rather under powered  4 cyl. The V8 give it plenty of oomph especially in heavier seas when you need a quick punch to maintain controll  Also the factory bulkhead is a rare find as well.  Both the companionway door and bulkhead door locked so you didn't have to worry about your stuff.  Very dependable, stable hull.  good luck with the sale 

Thanks for the kind words! Good to hear from a former owner. I found some Canadian coins in the hull after I bought it, and wondered if the boat was ever in Canada. If my wife had the strength to handle the boat I would be keeping it for many more years. I don't know when the stove was removed.

If it doesn't sell before "winter" it'll be winterized and shrink wrapped until spring.

We've used it for perch fishing, bass fishing, trout & salmon fishing, and camping in a remote bay on anchor. A very versatile and trailerable boat that I'll miss. My wife liked the boat when my son was around to help with all the launching/docking/loading.

32 minutes ago, Whitedevilfishing said:

Nice boat! I’ll be keeping eye on it

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Thanks! I'm watching our 10 day forecast like a hawk so I can get it winterized before it gets too cold. It was 39 this morning, so it's just a matter of time.

Thanks! I'm watching our 10 day forecast like a hawk so I can get it winterized before it gets too cold. It was 39 this morning, so it's just a matter of time.
It would take more than a frost to do anything Right? I expect a frost before the LOU all and plan on fishing that with my boat so won't be wintetized

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

i like the looks of the cabin boats . i can see my buddies locking me in the cabin to keep me behind the helm and they sitting in camping chairs waiting for the salmon to hit. good luck with your sale Todd....

Edited by fisherdude

2 hours ago, stoneam2006 said:

It would take more than a frost to do anything Right? I expect a frost before the LOU all and plan on fishing that with my boat so won't be wintetized

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Yes, it takes more than a frost. It was really warm here this spring, so I got my boat ready for these season in late April. Then it snowed in early May. It didn't damage anything but I was worried for awhile.

2 hours ago, fisherdude said:

i like the looks of the cabin boats . i can see my buddies locking me in the cabin to keep me behind the helm and they sitting in camping chairs waiting for the salmon to hit. good luck with your sale Todd....

Thanks! It's real nice on those cooler days with that door closed.

When I lowered the price to $5,500 I took the downrigger bases and rod holders off the transom and gunwales. I also put the Helix 5 DI GPS unit on the dashboard. I'll be using my hand crank riggers on my next boat, as well as my Tite-Lok rod holders. This is what it looks like now...

BL26.thumb.jpg.a7953107ba1b2a9326297684eac04f6a.jpg

BL27.thumb.jpg.6bd67525d13c7d4b76e70fc54973cfa8.jpg

Edited by Todd in NY