The Catt - Lake Erie

GAMBLER

The Catt - Lake Erie Went out of the Catt with Pequod1 today and limited out before noon.  Lots of shorts and silver bass.  85 fow with in 10' of the bottom with body baits for most of the morning.  We put a Gambler Rig Micro out on a diver and it took fish too!  Lots of good eaters with one big girl. 

IMG_2503.JPGIMG_2505.JPG

We fished out of Dunkirk today  targeted lakers with Gambler rigs we boated 20 & lost 3-4.   Also got a few eyes on gambler rigs released off the riggers (unintentional).   Ended up with 20 lakers, 2 steelies,  6-7 eyes but only 4 keepers. Had a great day, but hot as hell!

18 minutes ago, lineman49 said:

We fished out of Dunkirk today  targeted lakers with Gambler rigs we boated 20 & lost 3-4.   Also got a few eyes on gambler rigs released off the riggers (unintentional).   Ended up with 20 lakers, 2 steelies,  6-7 eyes but only 4 keepers. Had a great day, but hot as hell!

:yes:

The Gambler rig micro was a hot ticket with us the later part of the day. I wished we put it on earlier, but the rule of the day was not until eye number 17 was in the boat. Of course, we could have gotten it out earlier, except for a cluttered f... trying to land an eye earlier :thinking:

Can't wait to fish this year class next year when they are perfect sized. Gill them in an ice bath cooler and you end up with pure white meat. Roll the fillets in egg whites then corn meal / Italian bread crumbs/ salt mixture and fry. 

3 hours ago, Gill-T said:

Can't wait to fish this year class next year when they are perfect sized. Gill them in an ice bath cooler and you end up with pure white meat. Roll the fillets in egg whites then corn meal / Italian bread crumbs/ salt mixture and fry. 

Walleye Parm is my favorite walleye way to prepare them.  I also do a cheesy walleye over green beans or asparagus. 

I don't thnk even a bad cook could f up a walleye:lol:..my favorite freshwater fish to eat. Looks like you and Jim cleaned up onthem Brian:yes:

Real beauty of a laker and mount  John... Congrats!

Edited by Sk8man

40 minutes ago, Sk8man said:

I don't thnk even a bad cook could f up a walleye:lol:..my favorite freshwater fish to eat. Looks like you and Jim cleaned up onthem Brian:yes:

Real beauty of a laker and mount  John... Congrats!

Jim has been beating them up for a while.  His freezer is stuffed.  No room for perch filets!

Over on lakeerieunited some of the reports said slower fishing but also expansion into the upper layers with five colors of lead mentioned. Perhaps less condensed into that bottom 10'

Fished Yesterday as well. Got 4 and a nice steelhead. Still lots of marks over 80-90 fow. Active fish were higher, moved a couple stackers to 35' and that's when we caught them. Gold/Perch Michigan Stinger was the money spoon yesterday. 3 ways drifting worm harnesses on the bottom would probaly produce for those with lockjaw, I didn't have any garden hackle with me.