Value of 1977 Johnson 100 HP OB ?

bulletbob

Value of 1977 Johnson 100 HP OB ?

Default value of a 1977 100 hp OB

I am going to post a 1977 100 hp Johnson OB for sale locally here in NY state.. I really don't know its true value at all.
Its pretty clean, not heavily used, fresh water use only, has new impeller, comes with power tilt, controls etc, runs clean and strong, and is really ready to go .

I see none of these or similar OB's this age on ebay anymore, and know the age will perhaps scare most buyers off, and many will buy a newer motor with more use at triple the price because of the year...

I have always loved OMC OB's from the 70's, have had several and they were always bulletproof, never an issue.. Any ideas for a realistic sale price on this???... Don't want to get knocked on the head too hard, and want to be fair.. I was thinking maybe $850 firm, including a water test if needed, or is that not a realistic expectation because of the age??.. any help would be appreciated..., btw, NOT trying to sell here yet, just getting ideas on value for when I do sell it .. bob

I have a 1979 Johnson 70hp, that I still use, and I would ask between $750 and $1000 for it. It also has power tilt. For your motor, with power tilt, I would start higher than $850. And I certainly wouldn’t take any less than $850. I would pay $1200 for your motor, as a buyer. Yeah, it’s an old motor, but try buying a newer 100hp........

(And as a buyer I would be very happy paying $850)

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United