for sale : usa 18 foot Starcraft boat & Trailer $400

bulletbob

(Re listing this boat that I had on here last year.. Can no longer be water tested as the  controls have been removed as it was "sold" last year, and when everything was off the boat, the buyer changed his mind.. All else is as  stated in the original listing.... bob
18 foot Starcraft boat & Trailer $400

Its got leaves and some  junk in it from sitting all summer.. Needs a cleanup etc.. Seats as you can see are about done... Thats being said, the hull is in great shape, floor was replaced a few years ago and is solid.. Boat doesn't leak,  and i have had it out in  massive churning whitecaps more than once and stayed dry...  has  brand new Teleflex steering cable installed in july, and never used after.. Put brand new tires on the trailer at the same time, parked it, and they have never even seen the road... this was a Runabout, and a few years ago, I  opened up the foredeck, [ nicely done, NOT hacked] framed it, and had big plans of putting a casting deck on her, but never got around to it, just used it as is..  Transom wood is original, and  is mostly hard, but there are a few soft spots.. However, several years ago the old man that owned it had  it  reinforced  with  new plywood on the outside, in the motor well, and all the seams were  glassed, and a  transom saver was installed.. It is VERY solid, NO issues, no flexing, and will last as long as the boat does...  i know guys freak out unless the transom just had a  $1500 rebuild, but this boat has been in  some nasty rough water, and  the transom is fine as is,  and for it to flex, the entire back 1/3 of the boat would need to be ripped off..
 We can take it for a test ride, no problem.. Motors come off, as does the color FF... I will consider selling the boat with the VERY good condition 100 HP Johnson for $1200, but as of right now I would prefer keeping it.. This boat would be fine with a 60 or 70 anyway...  Trailer, is SOLID lights work, brand new tires, good winch, good jack, great rollers.. You don't even need to dunk the trailer.. I launch by cranking the winch handle backwards, and the boat slides off without even wetting the hubs.. anyway, there it is..  Not many 18 foot boats around  with good trailers, for $400... All I am doing really is covering the cost of the new tires, and teleflex steering..... As I said, we can bring it to the river, and give it a water test,,  pics to follow..., bob

100_2304.JPG

100_2305.JPG

100_2306.JPG

100_2307.JPG

Edited by bulletbob

guys, as  of right this second I can't show the boat until next week.. I am going to Vermont on weds. to pick up a  1983 Grumman 5.0 Center Console..  They are considered  by many to be the best aluminum boats ever built- Grumman Meter Series.. they are rare,.. Thats the ONLY reason  I am selling the Starcraft.. Its been a stout, stable ,very reliable boat, but the Grumman is something I have been searching for   for years and years.. I have  4.4  Meter 14 foot Grumman, and it makes other  aluminum boats look silly with its overbuilt construction, and unreal stability.

I simply need to make sure everything goes well on weds, and that I do indeed get the boat I am driving 6 hours each way for.
 I suppose I should have waited until the Grumman deal was done before posting this, but I figured its tough to sell a boat this time of year, and wanted to get started... a forum member that has a moniker of nijajordan was first to respond, and its only fair he gets first dibs.. I will keep any interested parties informed... bob

• 4 weeks later...

Motor is NOT included, not for $400 anyway.. the motor runs like   brand new...

I have a  sale pending but  it has been a while since I heard from the guy.. Not sure but this boat might still be available... bob

bob

Edited by bulletbob

Well, after close to a MONTH, the "buyer" has decided he doesn't want the boat, so its still for sale.. I wish he would have let me know before i removed the controls and harness.. anyway, as i said, the hull is  solid, ,soft riding, tows like a dream,  does NOT leak, and was always very dependable...
 Please if you are interested, and can use it, don't tell me "I'll be up next week to pick it up", and then after a month say you changed your mind.. Its not right guys... $400 takes it...... bob

• 2 months later...
On 9/29/2017 at 11:44 AM, bulletbob said:

18 foot Starcraft boat & Trailer $400 Just wondering if this boat still for sale

Its got leaves and some  junk in it from sitting all summer.. Needs a cleanup etc.. Seats as you can see are about done... Thats being said, the hull is in great shape, floor was replaced a few years ago and is solid.. Boat doesn't leak,  and i have had it out in  massive churning whitecaps more than once and stayed dry...  has  brand new Teleflex steering cable installed in july, and never used after.. Put brand new tires on the trailer at the same time, parked it, and they have never even seen the road... this was a Runabout, and a few years ago, I  opened up the foredeck, [ nicely done, NOT hacked] framed it, and had big plans of putting a casting deck on her, but never got around to it, just used it as is..  Transom wood is original, and  is mostly hard, but there are a few soft spots.. However, several years ago the old man that owned it had  it  reinforced  with  new plywood on the outside, in the motor well, and all the seams were  glassed, and a  transom saver was installed.. It is VERY solid, NO issues, no flexing, and will last as long as the boat does...  i know guys freak out unless the transom just had a  $1500 rebuild, but this boat has been in  some nasty rough water, and  the transom is fine as is,  and for it to flex, the entire back 1/3 of the boat would need to be ripped off..
 We can take it for a test ride, no problem.. Motors come off, as does the color FF... I will consider selling the boat with the VERY good condition 100 HP Johnson for $1200, but as of right now I would prefer keeping it.. This boat would be fine with a 60 or 70 anyway...  Trailer, is SOLID lights work, brand new tires, good winch, good jack, great rollers.. You don't even need to dunk the trailer.. I launch by cranking the winch handle backwards, and the boat slides off without even wetting the hubs.. anyway, there it is..  Not many 18 foot boats around  with good trailers, for $400... All I am doing really is covering the cost of the new tires, and teleflex steering..... As I said, we can bring it to the river, and give it a water test,,  pics to follow..., bob

100_2304.JPG

100_2305.JPG

100_2306.JPG

100_2307.JPG

• 5 months later...

This boat is still for sale..  The 100 is still on it, but controls and cables would  need to be hooked up .. EVERYTHING was taken off as the boat was "sold " to a member here, that would be " up to pick it up on saturday"... Never happened of course... It would take about a half day to get it back up and running.. Motor needs to be bolted back on,  it is on the transom, but was disconnected for the "sale".. controls and steering   would also need to be re installed as well, no big deal if you've done it before.. Everything is still with the boat.. Its a lot of boat for the money... I will take $375 for the boat and trailer,  or $750 with the 100 HP, which runs like brand new..  I'll never use it , just getting too old, and it would be a shame to sell this rig for scrap metal.. The hull is in GREAT condition, not a dent anywhere, straight as an arrow.. this was a VERY seaworthy boat for me for years, but i simply no longer have any use for it... Please PM me here if interested... bob

Edited by bulletbob

FYI had similar StarCraft and transom was removal was easy. Back 3rd  of boat does NOT have to be removed. Transom cap and corner plates are removed. Then the splashwell screws are removed from wooden transom along with the screws going through knee braces into transom. . Any handles,eyebolts etc on transom are removed. Then just lift old wood out and use as a template. Excellent price for that platform ,hull never goes bad and is stable on troll ,drift or anchor.

Sorry trying to help out... " Transom is original...There are a few soft spots...1/3 of back of boat has to be ripped out to replace transom..."  Sort of contradicting your self when you wrote "soft spots"  etc. In my book soft spot anywhere on transom means replacing and I was just stating that it is a easy job and the back 1/3 does not have to be removed. No further comments from me GLWS.

You need to re read the original post.. I wrote that   in order for the transom to flex,  the back 1/3 of the boat would  have to be ripped out  as its all basically one piece.. the transom is solid as a rock and has no movement.. Most  all of it is hard, with a a few small punky spots that aren't wet. Just want to make sure that I mentioned it.. that transom support was  installed professionally at a marina  many years ago, along with a new piece of marine 1/2   marine  plywood on the outside of the transom, and it is absolutely bulletproof, and has been for a long time.. this boat has seen the roughest water Seneca and  cayuga can muster, and has been in the Atlantic ocean on rough as hell days, and is stable and solid.. Very dry hull, straight no dents , solid floor as well.. bob

I  took a day,reinstalled everything, and  the motor is running perfectly as always ,and the boat is water ready once again..
 I  was going to separate everything and sell the motor and trailer   individually, and simply scrap the boat for aluminum price if it was really going to be that hard to sell because the transom had been stabilized, YEARS ago..  the way it was professionally done and reinforced, is rock solid and will last as long as the rest of the boat.. Its still here.... bob