New tracker boat opinions

hookedupf7

18 minutes ago, jimski2 said:

Downriggers mounted close to the stern are dangerous. Move them forward to where you can easily clip your line to the ball. Foul weather can flood your transom with big butt guys hanging back there. The wider 8 foot 6 inch boats are built for the heavy four stroke engines sold today. The extra six inches give you another 6  foot of floatation for safety in heavy seas.

The problem is on that boat the door for the rod locker is in the way being that it is on top of the gunwale. But it is 8.6" beam boat.

polarkrafts are made much better than the trackers for about the same price, I have a 18ft with a 115 yamaha, and I paid a little less that the traker teaga 18 i was looking at and it has a 8"4" beam. I looked at all of the major brands and polarkraft is what i bought

Try and find a Starcraft fishmaster 190.  Tough to bass fish from but it's a good finger lakes and lake Erie boat!  Have only taken 1 wave over the back while trolling in 9yrs.  Wide sides for mounting whatever you could imagine.  The stx is similar but has platform back I think.  If you muskie fish and like to cast or figure 8 it's kinda tough but great for trolling and jigging perch.  Single axle is easy to trailer.  I've had 2.  Just my opinion.

I had a tracker for 13 years. lost it in a wreck. Went back to tracker and bought a 2017 pro guide v17. i love this boat. i"m sticking to what i know. had my old boat 10 miles out of port canaveral florida. no problem. Would have went with a lund. too bad they could not hook me up with something the same price for what i bought my tracker