19 strand wire for dispey - Tak 500lc capacity

Netbender

19 strand wire for dispel - Tak 500lc capacity

Good Day, 

I am thinking of utilizing a Takoma 500lc for 19 strand wire, dispey setup. Looking forward into flea season, this may be a better setup then braid. I am having trouble finding line capacity for this reel with 19 strand. Take 500 info shows 285yds for #16 mono, if that helps. How much Torpedo 19 can I get on this reel? 

Thanks for your help,

Dave

Edited by superhawk18

According to the reel fill calculator that I use it shows that 250 yds of 19 strand will fill a Tekota 500 to 100% capacity.  I am actually going to sell my Tekota 500's soon and buy Tekota 600's so that I can put 1000 ft of 19 strand on them for divers.  I tried using my 500's with braid this year and had a couple issues with fleas which convinced me to switch.  I primarily fish walleyes on erie but want reels that can pull double duty for salmon also.

Perfect info. Thanks guys, just what I needed. I fish the Fingers and have an open 500. The braided flea issue is what I am trying to avoid.  I suppose if I run the dispey at 175-300 max out, with the 500 19 st. I would be OK. not very deep, but deep enough for the Fingers (maybe).

Edited by superhawk18

Will do.  I was hoping to get out for walleye a couple more times in the next couple weeks so I will probably put them up for sale in a couple weeks.  I have 6  total but will probably sell 4 of them.  I bought them new this spring and are all in like new condition.

Will do.  I was hoping to get out for walleye a couple more times in the next couple weeks so I will probably put them up for sale in a couple weeks.  I have 6  total but will probably sell 4 of them.  I bought them new this spring and are all in like new condition.
I see you mention a reel fill calculator...where can I find this?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk