DEC license rant

JJBat150

Something that I've wondered about ever since the DEC went to the new licensing format years ago....

If I buy a sportsman license, why can't they print a single pane "fishing tag" like they do for all other carcass tags ? You could then carry that as your license.

This is what I carry as proof of license, but the old traditional part of me has concerns that I'm carrying my receipt and not my license.

20170930_065926.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Lake Ontario United mobile app

idk whats the big deal . its printed on the side of so called receipt has NY sporting license . its not called sportmens any more they broke it down to a la cart , so you can buy what you want . the guys that buy every thing take it the shorts i think they should get free doe permits and rest pay 10 bucks for doe permit 

idk whats the big deal . its printed on the side of so called receipt has NY sporting license . its not called sportmens any more they broke it down to a la cart , so you can buy what you want . the guys that buy every thing take it the shorts i think they should get free doe permits and rest pay 10 bucks for doe permit 
I agree ever since they got rid of the sportsman I costs me a extra buck lol. I think trapping made the difference. But I won't complain bc in my opinion this state does alot wrong but so far hunting and fishing is pretty good as far as laws and stuff go

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

X2 with chinook35 but I bought mine when they first came out. The first time I was checked the officers didn't know what it was. I don't think they issue them that way anymore and it's a shame, they're the same as a credit card. 

When I get my fishing license online, I have the option of printing/saving it as a PDF. I always print one and save the pdf file, also get the vinyl tag in the mail eventually, but stick the paper one in my wallet right away so I don’t forget.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

1 hour ago, Tim Bromund said:

When I get my fishing license online, I have the option of printing/saving it as a PDF. I always print one and save the pdf file, also get the vinyl tag in the mail eventually, but stick the paper one in my wallet right away so I don’t forget.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

I have been going online for several years for my NY license and I have never received a vinyl one in the mail.

• 3 weeks later...