Stones 2017 journal

stoneam2006

Got the traps boiled today. Now officially fall for me. Will be out in the morning for opening bow then youth hunt mentor next weekend and my last fishing trip the 15th for the LOU all before boat gets put up. Good luck everyone hope I have some pics and stories to share this year.

4980fe0c3ea3079d62a07530c3723af7.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys...been to warm for me to sit much but did spend 2 days out for a youth hunt with a kid. No deer but did have a coyote 5 yards for us at 645 Sunday am. He couldn't get a shot on it as he couldn't get clear sight in the dark. His first time seeing one tho so that was cool.

Kind of excited for LOU all Sunday but at same time I know it's season o we for me. But 10 days after that fur season will be open and it's game on for me. Hope to have some good pics

Well guys crazy morning so far....

I hunt out of a climber for archery season have been for a few years now.....well this am I got cocky and tried to adjust the bottom if the stand while I was in it....really bad choice ended up dripping the pin and bottom of stand fell out from under me. Luckily I keep some trapping wire in my pack and after a hr and half of trying to get stand back together I finally got a piece if wife thru the cable and slowly climb down. About 5 foot from the ground the wire broke and I jumped down....dumb choice and luckily I didn't get hurt.

Always where your harness and don't get cocky in a stand.

Aaron one of my buddies right from the teens and a very comptent experienced hunter fell out of his tree stand at mid life and broke his neck and remained paralyzed throughout later life as a result and he is now gone. Don't take ANY chances with that stuff.

Edited by Sk8man

You’re probably too young to remember the Baker climbers, they would fall out from under you if you stood too close to a tree with slick bark, real treat, also had a TSS stand actually collapse climbing a wide tree. It’s a wonder I didn’t get hurt with that junk. You can’t beat the climbing sticks and a hang on, my preference for today’s tree hunting.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Sticks and hang on are great stands. But I really like my tree lounge. Never felt safer in any stand. I’ve actually taken a nap in it before on purpose. Super nice [emoji1303]

I have one property that is solely a climber area (locals will steal anything in a heartbeat). I had similar experience with my original climber (pin and cable type) that was enough for me. Summit viper best investment I made. Never had an issue again

I have one property that is solely a climber area (locals will steal anything in a heartbeat). I had similar experience with my original climber (pin and cable type) that was enough for me. Summit viper best investment I made. Never had an issue again

I've been eyeing them

I've been eyeing them

I went ahead and spent the money on the aluminum. Best thing I ever did. Lightweight and easy to use and honestly the confidence in the safety and comfort sold it for me. It’s a stand I can honestly spend 5 hours in without getting sore or cramps

'Bout Time
Mike

On ‎10‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 7:10 PM, stoneam2006 said:

I really like my climber I have it set up with the third hand straps and bow holder and a rucksack frame to carry it...really a sweet rig this was my own fault for trying to adjust while in the tree and dropping the pin

I told you to be careful!  Silly tricks warranty is expired! lol  Been there my foot platform slipped down one time, luckily I had a rope tied between that & the seat.  It wedged side ways on the tree it took some time but I worked it lose & got it back.  I now use 2 ropes on it so I can get it level if need be.   I also have an older Summit viper now that may be for sale if you want another.

My kid shot this one last year. Unfortunately the .204 round blew such a big hole out the back of his neck we couldn’t get it mounted. Thing was a pig. Keep em coming!!