Canandaigua 9-1-17 FLTA Tournament/Championship

We left the dock in the dark and fog and slowly made our way to the drop off and cut over to the East Shore and set up shop in about a 120 fow.. We ran cores, coppers, spoon Dipsy, rig rods and riggers.. One of my fishing partners keeps records of every Lake we fish and everything that the fish have come on for probably the last 20 years believe it or not so a couple days beforehand we had him look back in our records and figure out everything we have caught silver fish on in Canandaigua over the last 5 or 6 years and within an hour I had an email(because our last tournament of the year is silver fish only) of what lures at what times at what depths and on what trolls, pretty amazing that we have a teammate that keeps unbelievable records for us.. So I decided to put together the ultimate Canandaigua off fish spoon box before we headed out Sunday morning... We put a 20 spoon spread out of all the colors and patterns that have got it done for us before and shortly after sunrise we were into the bows and lakers pretty good including a spoon dipsy that took a real good smack and took some drag too before we were able to land a nice bow just under the 5lb mark.. We caught 9 more rainbows but nothing that would top what we already had all fish but the Rainbow that we weighed in and one other that got the hooks in the gills were released to fight another day..Bellis Tackle Spoons and some of my old go to FLT spoons and O&M spoons all got the job done for us yesterday.. I want to thank Bellis Tackle Spoons for giving us a bunch of great quality lures that have definitely gotten the job done for us many times this year, thanks for supporting us and helping us out throughout the year Josh.. We headed into weigh in knowing that we would have liked to add a brown or two to our box but we tried hard and could not come up with one but when we got there we found out that everybody seemed to be in the rainbows pretty good
.. We were able to pull off a third-place finish with the rainbow that we caught and hold on to the points lead which made us 2017 Finger Lakes Trollers Association Champions for the year.. I want to thank my crew on another amazing season and I can't tell you all how important it is to have a team that is all on the same page during every tournament and knows exactly what to do at any point of time while tournament fishing thanks again guys.. I also want to give a huge shout-out to all the guys and gals in our Fishing Club on the amazing job that they do fishing in these tournaments the comradery and sportsmanship is awesome you guys are all champions in my eyes.. Anyone who would possibly be interested in joining the club and fishing these tournaments next year pm me and I will send you the information on joining..Here's a few pics from yesterday..

Mike

19753.jpeg.5ddfc86ae7d7c59ee73ec3249f9eddff.jpeg

FB_IMG_1506952673980.thumb.jpg.d5ce8bd21409be874e30f174971740cc.jpg

19743.thumb.jpeg.948fd5310a91c7d8e452ec71c1bbcb4b.jpeg

19742.thumb.jpeg.728e7968433ee283622711a6ee1fa7d5.jpeg

20171001_123806.thumb.jpg.2c2c2108cb0121aee9006b303b3a8de7.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Good going Mike and congrats on the overall:yes:. Do you have the place results etc.?

Edited by Sk8man

It's been an honor to fish with this club. Everyone is friendly and helpful. The competition is kinda second compared to the fun and commradary. I really enjoy seeing a guy like Harvey win and watching everyone else that places or doesn't place out there grinding out a catch.

Mike you have a power house team! You deserve a ton of recognition for being the best of the guys that fish with us. Great job and congratulations!!

Just a side note, our day was beyond great boating 15 bows three Lakers and a bunch of small mouth. We just didn't land any over the 3lb mark. Fun day fishing on any lake. Saw a huge brown jump out of the water behind our lines.. Thought he was on a core for a second but no such luck! Looking forward to LOU all on Cayuga!!

Btw my wife is my fishing partner and she insisted that I put a blue lure out, yup it caught the biggest bow!!

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Lake Ontario United mobile app

It's been an honor to fish with this club. Everyone is friendly and helpful. The competition is kinda second compared to the fun and commradary. I really enjoy seeing a guy like Harvey win and watching everyone else that places or doesn't place out there grinding out a catch.
Mike you have a power house team! You deserve a ton of recognition for being the best of the guys that fish with us. Great job and congratulations!!
Just a side note, our day was beyond great boating 15 bows three Lakers and a bunch of small mouth. We just didn't land any over the 3lb mark. Fun day fishing on any lake. Saw a huge brown jump out of the water behind our lines.. Thought he was on a core for a second but no such luck! Looking forward to LOU all on Cayuga!!

Btw my wife is my fishing partner and she insisted that I put a blue lure out, yup it caught the biggest bow!!

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Well said John... I said the same thing to my guys.. "Where can you go and catch 10 rainbows in one day even if they are of a smaller size and say you've had a bad day" lol.. Canandaigua is by far one of my favorite lakes to fish...

Mike

Sent from my SM-N910V using Lake Ontario United mobile app