cape cod fishing

not sure i can go but just got back from there this past friday night.   caught 10 blues with charter and a seal on my own from shore! lol      love the cape and always looking for someone to fish with there.    tuna fished last year in october and wound up with 2!   50 pounds of sushi grade bluefin tuna.    let me know if your interested in chatting about it further.   

bruce

3 minutes ago, hector99 said:

not sure i can go but just got back from there this past friday night.   caught 10 blues with charter and a seal on my own from shore! lol      love the cape and always looking for someone to fish with there.    tuna fished last year in october and wound up with 2!   50 pounds of sushi grade bluefin tuna.    let me know if your interested in chatting about it further.   

bruce

Hector.... PM me if you like.... not sure I will have the time for a full day charter but if stripers or blues are inshore it would be fun to try for them

Ben - Not sure where on the Cape you're going  but should be action in the Cape Cod canal and depending on water temps etc. Nauset Beach and off Monomoy near Chatham (if you are able to boat fish). Sand eels work work like magic in the rip tides there for the stripers.As nmentioned the seals can be a problem almost anywhere you go:lol:

Edited by Sk8man

1 hour ago, Sk8man said:

Ben - Not sure where on the Cape you're going  but should be action in the Cape Cod canal and depending on water temps etc. Nauset Beach and off Monomoy near Chatham (if you are able to boat fish). Sand eels work work like magic in the rip tides there for the stripers.As nmentioned the seals can be a problem almost anywhere you go:lol:

ill be staying in eastham..... never been to this area and dont know a thing about saltfishing hahaha

Eastham-Orleans is where Nauset Beach is and also up the road on Rt6 is Coastguard beach and others going toward Truro and they  can each be possibilities depending on water and weather conditions. If you want to get bait and Tackle and get the scoop on what is happening there go to Blackbeards Bait and Tackle. (3700A) Rt 6 right near where you are staying. They will know what is happening and where and even how far off shore the stripers are running. Here is their phone number: (508)240-3369 Thye will have everything you could need including a tide chart etc. If you intend to get a charter. see Hap Farrell at Stunmai Charters in Rock Harbor which is about 5 minutes from where you'll be as it is near Orleans the first turn past the rotary toward Provincetown will take you to Rock Harbor and the marina there. The Land Ho right in Orleans has incredible food and some of the best clam chowder on the Cape and one of the coolest bars where many charter captains hang out. Some of the places will be either closed down or in the process of shutting down about now and if the charters aren't operating check out the Land Ho and ask there is anyone is still fishing out there. You might also want to check out the harbor in Wellfleet just up the rode a few miles on 6 toward Ptown. I think they have an annual Oyster or Scallop thing there in October and it is a cool town to hang out

Edited by Sk8man

I can get canal info and heard saturday its been good as of late and prob into then.  I used to fish it a lot and 1 of my customers is a commercial fisherman from there and he fishes it a lot still.  Shoot me a text later if you are interested and ill get a hold of him.  He might even take you.  He had pics of him and his buddy recently with a 50 and a 60 he showed me when he was out with me saturday.  Its a shore night gig, my favorite place to fish stripers from shore and you will hit the +/- tides nearly perfect 

Ben- Just an FYI - Probably the time to fish the canal would be on the way out or back as it is located near the bridges going onto the Cape (either Bourne or Sagamore bridges) as you will be located on the outer Cape at Eastham and it is an hour or two depending on traffic (less than max now that the tourist season is past)

Edited by Sk8man

Just got back yesterday from the cape. We fly fished on some of wellfleet's beaches. Caught a lot of smaller stripe bass. Really fun and a lot of action. Especially when the big pods of bait are right in front of you! Not sure what equipment you have but my brother in law was using med spinning gear and crushed them. If you are near orleans stop by goose hummock bait shop lots of supply, and great advice

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Good tip: Goose Hummock  (just before the rotary) - another good place for tackle etc. and general sporting goods as well (pricing a little upscale).

Edited by Sk8man