Slip fees and refunds

i would be surprised if anyone was given a refund.the taxes on waterfront property keep rising and the marinas still had to pay them along with all of their other expenses . everyone who bought a slip helped keep these businesses open another year

we never even thought of  or expected a refund.we actually helped in any way we could to help our marina,we helped doing sand bags and raising docks as much as we could.we gave our deposit for our slip for next year 3 weeks ago and plan on paying in full next weekend,instead of waiting till mid-winter,just to help them out.to each his own i guess!!!

It seems like some Marina's were bending over backwards to help remedy the situation to the best of their ability. On the other hand it seems like there were Marina's that didn't do much (or nothing) to raise/repair docks. Just judging by comments on this forum and talking to friends who use different Marina's.

No matter how you cut it. Marina's and the communities lost money this past year.

With the High Water

• No wake zones and bad weather each weekend
  • No boat rentals
  • People cancelling there summer vacations because you could not play in the bays.
  • Bass tournaments did poorly, they where either cancelled or attendance was low
  • Lost gas revenue
  • Hotels, Bed & Breakfast, cabin rentals all suffered a decline
  • Restaurants also lost business.

So when it come to my slip rental I just want to help keep the Marinas in business.

It is tough enough with only 3 months to make your money for the year.

Need to clear up my situation, I’m in a private community with their own slips in a stoned off area, excluded from public use and rentals, paid in advance. The slips were under water till mid summer

but didn’t open until the first week of sept, when down the road they were open a full month already. They only needed to be pressure washed, no damage from wind and waves. I’m new there this year, some of the regulars pressured the owner for some use before the season closed, they finally opened in September. I used my slip for 13 days.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Some,if not most marina's are at the mercy of there insurance carriers. The insurance company's that have to pay out any liability cases usually inspect the marina and it's docks,especially this year, before signing off on the yearly policy. They come to check.stuff out and the finger piers are under water with makeshift planks on them it's nothing but a accident waiting to happen in there eyes If the water level is within inches of the piers there worried about any winds or fluctuations in the water level that may have people slipping and falling . So it's not always up to the marina's as to when they can let people back to there slips.

I don't buy that BS. The community free launches were open by then!! It doesn't matter anymore, as he's made the right decision and told them to pound sand and moved to another area that's been open since July!! Lazy money hungry, using the lake issues as a excuse to pocket his hard earned cash!!!:@

We all had to sign a waiver releasing the owner of all liability if we wanted the last 6 weeks. Basically he had all the bases covered.
My opinion was they had all intentions of keeping it closed until the regulars saw all the other marinas open for weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

I'm not a boat dock guy so I have no skin in it, but business is business and competition is good, if they received insurance or support from state or county to help fund there loss then I would think they might want to pass some of that along to keep clients. If not cause the loss was too great, or there was no assistance, I get it, but I n the end though if you lose customers because of it, future will be tough. Make customers satisfied as best you can I guess. If there's no completion or other marinas you can go too it's a hard pill. Tough year for sure.

Sent from my iPad using Lake Ontario United